some additions to my acw forces

Started by petercooman, 10 March 2016, 11:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

Hey all!

Just finished adding the grass to my latest acw troops, just a few bases of infantry but took some pictures none the less.

just some basic infantry, painted these up to make some of my battalions bigger:

Some examples of the big battalions:

Also made some break point trackers, handy to have when you are working with big break points:

And i think i'll have to stop now, because the containers ar full (i have another one filled with skirmishers and dismounted cavalry):

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

There's too little infantry for that amount of cavalry, you need a couple more containers  ;) ;D

:-bd =D> :-bd
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Nice looking forces, Peter.  But stop?! Please - we never stop! Observation balloons, Gatling guns, Clara Barton with an ambulance.... :)
Sleep with clean hands ...

Vanvlak

Very nice - the blues really contrast well with the basing.  8)
And I agree with above comments - get more boxes.  :D
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

jambo1

Lovely stuff, and indeed you can never, ever stop!! :-bd

Techno

Very, very nice, Peter !  8)
Cheers - Phil

Leman

That looks to be a very good set up. How I wish such nice 10mm had been around thirty years ago when I began to heavily invest in ACW.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

fred.

Good stuff Peter.

You were just posting the boxes thing to get affirmation from us all that more is better?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

petercooman

Quote from: fred. on 11 March 2016, 07:36:06 AM
Good stuff Peter.

You were just posting the boxes thing to get affirmation from us all that more is better?

No, i really am tight on storage space  ;D

But everybody seems to think ineed more.

Well, i don't have any zouaves yet  :-\

Now in all honesty, i wanted to go with 5 bases for every infantry unit, but i think i will leave it as it is for now. i have a mix of 5 base, 4 base and 3 base units. Perfect to represent Big and small battalions. I like the 5 base look though, really looks like a formation (they have 40 miniatures each), but starts to get cramped on the table. The frontage of that big unit is 20 cm, so if i make them all this big and put them all in line i would cover 1,60 m without any gaps  ;D ;D ;D

petercooman

Quote from: Leman on 11 March 2016, 07:22:38 AM
That looks to be a very good set up. How I wish such nice 10mm had been around thirty years ago when I began to heavily invest in ACW.

I'm very happy i started with 10mm for historicals. Means i never have to change  ;D

Although i have about every scale but nothing in 15mm  :-\

Roy

Nice work  =D>

and I love those break point markers!  :-bd
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Shedman

Lovely

Quote from: Leman on 11 March 2016, 07:22:38 AM
How I wish such nice 10mm had been around thirty years ago when I began to heavily invest in ACW.

Spot on

The more I game with 10mm the more I think it looks just right

I have loads of 15mm ACW plus the terrain. I keep thinking about flogging them and restarting with this range

Alan

petercooman

Quote from: Shedman on 11 March 2016, 11:57:36 AM
Lovely

Spot on

The more I game with 10mm the more I think it looks just right

I have loads of 15mm ACW plus the terrain. I keep thinking about flogging them and restarting with this range

Alan

Do it! You know you want to!

Norm

I really like the break point tracker idea - well executed.