The now (almost) customary Mad Lemmey vs O Dinas Powys paint-off...

Started by O Dinas Powys, 08 March 2016, 11:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This time it's serious: double or quits!  Who's heavy cavalry will win the joust, carry the field of honour and ride off into the distance with the fair damsel?

Mad Lemmey's Tudor Demi-lancers
20 (87%)
O Dinas Powys' Medieval Knights
3 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: 14 March 2016, 11:14:42 PM

O Dinas Powys

Following defeat in 2014 and after last year's (too much real-life induced) non-event, it's still double or quits for me getting them in should Will and I ever manage to coincide our attendance at a show!   :-/

This year we decided on Heavy Cavalry, so without further ado:

Quote from: Mad Lemmey's Tudor Demi-lancers

Quote from: O Dinas Powys' Medieval Knights

Voting closes at ~11:15pm on Monday 14th!

Thanks for looking; thanks for voting  :D
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Remember, whatever the result, this year Merion is the winner after getting two peoples vote's nominations.
This is for our personal honour (and coffee/hot chocolate).
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

I vote for the mad man, because he was mad enough to make striped lances! (and i really love his banner)

Westmarcher

Gawd! Another toughie. Sorry, ODP, but the lances and banner finally swung it for me too!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Westmarcher on 09 March 2016, 08:53:58 AM
Gawd! Another toughie. Sorry, ODP, but the lances and banner finally swung it for me too!

Yeah, it is rather nice  :)

If only he'd painted a dragon rather than a cross  :P

Quote from: petercooman on 09 March 2016, 12:14:52 AM
I vote for the mad man, because he was mad enough to make striped lances! (and i really love his banner)

Yup, they're quite spiffy  :-bd

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: mad lemmey on 08 March 2016, 11:48:42 PM
Remember, whatever the result, this year Merion is the winner after getting two peoples vote's nominations.
This is for our personal honour (and coffee/hot chocolate).

Very kind of you to say Will  :-[

BUT we both know that it's the coffee/hot chocolate/coke that's the really important thing and what February is REALLY about  ;)

Cheers!

Meirion

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

O Dinas Powys

Thrashed again  20-3 :'(

Well done Will, looks like the striped lances and natty banner caught the Forum imagination: the double expressos are on me next time we manage to get to the same convention...  =D>  ;)

Cheers!

Meirion

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Roy

Congatulations in the paint-off mad lemmey   8)

If its any consolation O Dinas Powys, thanks to voting for you in another viewers choice award, I may now end up owning a sci-fi army.
I don't know whether to be happy about the prospect, or annoyed at the thought of more work  ;D

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}