Competition discussion thread 2016

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 01 February 2016, 05:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

For me,I'm putting my money on the participation award   :D :D

Seriously, some very nice pieces in there!

jwebster

Quote from: vladgothic on 03 March 2016, 01:14:43 PM

The talent some folk have is just .........well makes me want to go knee capping  ;D

Some people want to overcomplicate things. Just need to break some fingers

John

toxicpixie

I was going to enter then realised most of my 10mm output has emigrated, and wasn't based up by me anyway. Then I remembered at the last minute I DID have some I needed better photos for, failed to take photos, looked at the entries and saw how good they were and was a bit stunned to get any in :)

There's a lot of seriously good stuff there. Good luck, and very nicely done to all who didn't faff and fail :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Matt J

Just had another look through the entries - this ones going to be bloody close to call. Excellent stuff guys.
It's nice this year not to be sat biting my nails waiting for the 6pm announcement.
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Vanvlak

Quote from: Matt J on 07 March 2016, 04:58:49 PM
Just had another look through the entries - this ones going to be bloody close to call. Excellent stuff guys.
It's nice this year not to be sat biting my nails waiting for the 6pm announcement.
It's 6:00p.m. now....  :o

..... here in Malta  :P
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Our Kiwi denizens must be setting their alarm clocks early too!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

vladgothic

Must admit to being pensive  :)

First competition I've entered  :D

paulr

Quote from: mad lemmey on 07 March 2016, 05:16:38 PM
Our Kiwi denizens must be setting their alarm clocks early too!

7am isn't that early, honest O:-)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Worthy winners all, well done not only to those who've won but to all those who entered. Very high standard throughout, especially for 10mm!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Congratulations to all the winners =D>
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

My votes are in, that was such a high bar to clear this year, all those entries are amazing! All are utterly deserving of their place in the vote.

Good luck all, I shall retire to my darkened man cave to sulk that I'm not good enough and plan my revenge for next year (otherwise known as don't try to paint a 350 figure gaming army during Febuary), muhahahaha!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: mad lemmey on 08 March 2016, 07:39:49 AM
My votes are in, that was such a high bar to clear this year, all those entries are amazing! All are utterly deserving of their place in the vote.

Good luck all, I shall retire to my darkened man cave to sulk that I'm not good enough and plan my revenge for next year (otherwise known as don't try to paint a 350 figure gaming army during Febuary), muhahahaha!

Never mind Will  >:<

I shall try and get the only really important poll sorted later...  ;)
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 08 March 2016, 10:36:53 AM
I shall try and get the only really important poll sorted later...  ;)

Right, the real business is ready to be sorted!  Time to see who's buying them if we ever get to a show together again... ;)

http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,13821.0.html

Cheers!

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )