Triples, Sheffield

Started by Leon, 07 March 2016, 10:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Our final outing for March is the 2-day Triples show, taking place on the weekend of 19th/20th March at the English Institute of Sport in Sheffield.

The club website is here: http://sheffieldtriples.co.uk/ but there's no trader list as yet.

We'll need pre-orders sending through to us before Sat 12th please.  We're extremely busy with all these shows, so please don't leave it too late!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

Anybody heading along to Triples this weekend?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Roy

Nope. Not me.

Its never been a show I've been interested in visiting, for some reason. I've been to Leeds, York and Kelham, but I've never thought about going to Sheffield.
I think its the name that's always thrown me. The Triples. I always, wrongly, thought it was just a big wargames tournament.

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Leon

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 14 March 2016, 08:43:32 PM
I always, wrongly, thought it was just a big wargames tournament.

It used to be, but these days it's reduced down to a couple of dozen gamers at most.

howayman

Been to Triples a few times.
Before and after the move to the English Institute of Sport.
Somehow its lost some of its character. I haven't attended for the last two years, but its worth a visit.

Womble67

The Grimsby Wargames Society's putting on a Anglo Dutch War naval battle, and I'm attending on Sunday

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Roy

I'm reading quite the few opinionated (re)views about this show, on Facebook and blogs.
I hope Pendraken (and Colonel Bills) did well  :-SS
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

andys

Living almost within spiting distance, I went both days, Saturday for a wander around and today for a bit of buying.

I thought it was relatively busy and possibly bigger than the last one I went to a couple of years ago.

JeffNNN

Went on Saturday and to be honest I wasn't greatly impressed. It didn't seem to be at all busy and I'd think that traders might have been disappointed. A two day show must be costly for them.

Womble67

Here is a few pictures of triples

Triples Sheffield Wargames Show 2016

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Westmarcher

What a terrific photographic report, Andy. Thanks for posting. Particularly like the Anglo Dutch ships (Langton?).
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Roy

Techno

Great piccies, Andy.

Did you take them really early on, or was it that quiet ? Hardly seems to be anyone there.  :o

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

From other pics I've seen they look like pre-show ones as there are so few punters around :(