Dungeon denizens...(pic heavy)

Started by nikharwood, 11 September 2010, 10:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikharwood

11 September 2010, 10:44:15 PM Last Edit: 11 September 2010, 10:51:17 PM by nikharwood
In a mad attempt to relax today I thought I'd blitz my dungeon stuff:

- furniture

- adventurers: note the simple 'Scarface'paintjob on the Rogue & the very simple conversion to 'pimp' the elf archer-gangsta  ;)

- monsters

- skeletons

- zombies

- pulp heroes & henchmen

- and some monster spiders I've grabbed from an old Warhammer quest set...

Enjoy!

Maenoferren

very nice, very nice indeed. Funnily enough I was looking athose same spiders and wondering hmmmmmm would they have a place in my games in 10mm looks like it is a yes  :D
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

nikharwood

8) They certainly do - scary feckin' beasties they are too in this scale...they seem a bit scarier when they're painted up in 'dry' Bone Spider colours too if you ask me...I can see me hitting these feckers with a rolled-up newspaper rather than a dice at some point  :d

Blaker

Awesome again Nik   :)

Now I have to look at mine I just painted   :'(

How do you build up your doors with the tops, with the staple trick?

Dungeon looks great!!!  Ok so where was the dungeon music?

cya

nikharwood

Thanks Blake - yep, doors done with staples  :)

How's this for dungeon music then?

Annatar

Very, very nice!!! :D Really like the brown colours you painted the dungeon walls with. The dungeon looks like it stood there for aeons!!!!

Put some tentacled behemoth (AC34) or sewer beast (DN 45) in front of your pulp heroes and it gets real cthulhloid !

For a more egyptian touch paint some Anubis troops (Fey1 or Fey2) like stone statues with black skin, some gold decoration and put them on small stone blocks.
2013 Painting Competition - Winner!

fred.

Very nice. What have you used for bases?

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

nikharwood

Quote from: Annatar on 12 September 2010, 06:53:36 AM
Very, very nice!!! :D Really like the brown colours you painted the dungeon walls with. The dungeon looks like it stood there for aeons!!!!

Put some tentacled behemoth (AC34) or sewer beast (DN 45) in front of your pulp heroes and it gets real cthulhloid !

For a more egyptian touch paint some Anubis troops (Fey1 or Fey2) like stone statues with black skin, some gold decoration and put them on small stone blocks.

Thanks  :) You're reading my mind on the Cthulhu too - having seen your pics, especially that lovely [?!] Pit Demon!

The Anubis troops are on the list as well - good call on using some for statues  8)

nikharwood

Quote from: fred12df on 12 September 2010, 08:24:21 AM
Very nice. What have you used for bases?

They're plastic flip-caps from something - I got a load of bits & bobs a while ago from my local scrapstore & there were loads of these...it was quicker to use them rather than get to the bank for some Euro cents!

fred.

They look to be a good size - shame they're not easy to find.

I thought euro cents seemed a bit big (16mm IIRC)

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

nikharwood

They're about 14mm - I'll dive into the scrapstore in the week & see if I can pick you up some...

fred.

That would be cool. I've been using 12mm plastic counters but they are a bit small and light.

sixsideddice

Unreal... okay I`m in total awe.

oooo I have some of those spiders too somewhere. from Heroquest right?

The music vid is fantastic.. I laughed all the way through it (especially as my daughter has been playing the original relentlessly over the last month - payback time lol)

count_zero99uk

Nik, i for one would be grateful for a step by step of how you painted the dungeon, it looks fantstic.