How many at once?

Started by alexmac207, 24 February 2016, 09:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

Don't dispair Alex, I don't think Obsidian realises yet just how quickly he paints. What he does in one sitting takes most of us weeks ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

One......

About once every two years.  :'( :'( :'(

Cheers - Phil

Subedai

Depends on the scale and type. 6mm blocks -up to 30 blocks of infantry and 15 cavalry; individual 6mm figures then by unit i.e. 24-30 infantry or 9-15 cavalry. For 10mm its normally about 9 cavalry and up to 30 infantry if irregular of maybe more if regular. Haven't painted any 15mm for ages but if I remember it was about the same as for 10mm. It's been literally decades since I painted a 25mm so I would say about 3 or 4 cavalry and no more than 10 infantry.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Wulf

I have a small collection of strips of wood to stick my 10mm figures to when painting, maybe half a dozen strips, so I fill them up & paint them - possibly 30-odd at a time.  I have added another half dozen bits of wood, but I stick to one load at a time, 60+ figures would be too much at a time!

Vehicles I tend to paint either individually or a couple at a time (especially if it's multiples of the same model, but as I game skirmish that's quite rare).

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Up to 100 a week, depends if I am working, and the scale, obviously 6mm take less time than 10, which are quicker than 10's etc. Having said that I've had two Britsh WSS btn waiting for over 3 months.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

alexmac207

Ok on to the next question. For those that paint about 30 per batch. How long does it take you to finish them?
I'm about a week into my 30 SYW Grenadiers and I probably have about another 2 days left to finish them.
I'm pretty pleased with how they look  :)

alexmac207

Duke Speedy of Leighton

About a week and a half per batch, plus three nights to base them!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Again - depends on scale and detail. 7 yrs war take longest, followed by regular ancient armies.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ithoriel

How long?

I have a 28mm unit of 10 figures I started before my older boy was born - he's 30 this year!

I got a 48 man 6mm unit that arrived last Friday and just needs base edges painted and varnish applied.

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Subedai

I timed myself when I was painting some 6mm blocks. It worked out at about 10 minutes per infantry block of ACW whereas it took as long as 13 minutes per samurai block. Cavalry took a little longer at about 12 mins for ACW and 20 mins for the samurai. I painted a 6mm 48 individual figure Macedonian phalanx in about 2.5 hours. This does not include undercoating or basing. Most 6mm will fir quite comfortably in between those times.
   In 10mm -if the painting mojo is in the right place- I can comfortably turn out a unit of 30 peasant/militia infantry in an evening.

Unfortunately I've lost my bl**dy mojo and can't remember where I left it!
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!