Newbie Great War Spearhead rules question re: Order changes

Started by AndersMolin, 23 February 2016, 03:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersMolin

Hi all,

I have just finished my first read-through of the GWSH2 rules, and on re-reading the section on Order changes I still find it self-contradictory. Hope someone out there can help me clear tge fog!

On p. 13, the rules clearly state that only one Order change per turn may be attempted, or two when there are more than six Regiments per side. This principle is repeated on p14. However, on p 14, the rules also state - equally clearly - that each Divisional HQ may make two attempts at changing Regimental orders per turn (unless the HQ moved).

So, which is it? One or two attempts per Division HQ, or 1-2 per player?

Thanks in advance,
Anders

d_Guy

Anders,
I know nothing about this period or these rules - but there are MANY knowledgeable folks here - they just aren't out of bed yet😀
Welcome to the forum!
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Leman

Welcome Anders. Your best bet is to join the GWSH2 Yahoo group where you will get an almost instant reply to such a question. I can't help as I haven't yet played the rules.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

fred.

I second Leman's suggestion the yahoo group is definately the best place for rule queries - the author is often there.

From my reading on this rule the Div HQ bit is about it giving a +1 to the order, not how many times you can attempt the order.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

AndersMolin

Okay, thanks for the suggestion! I'll try the Yahoo group and see what they say.

Orcs

Welcome Anders

I have the rules on the shelf but have yet to read them properly. Part of an ongoing very long term project

Don't for get to come back to us after visiting the other forum.  THis is the nicest and maddest forum around
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021