First look at the Napoleonic Brunswickers!

Started by Leon, 22 February 2016, 01:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

We mentioned these in the recent newsletter and here they are!  This is the first batch of sculpts for this new range, we should have the 2nd batch with us sometime in March.  If we can get the Nap Prussians moulded up in the next couple of weeks, then we can move these new Brunswickers up the queue and they should then be ready sometime around May/June hopefully.

So, we've got:

Line infantry command:

Line infantry, in both march attack and firing poses:

Light infantry command:

Light infantry, in march attack and firing poses:

Leib Battalion:

We'll have more pics as soon as the next lot arrive here.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Zippee

All very good but when will the French lancers, guns and howitzers actually make it on to the website for purchasing?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Quote from: Zippee on 22 February 2016, 06:01:54 PM
All very good but when will the French lancers, guns and howitzers actually make it on to the website for purchasing?

The guns are all cast off, I just need to get the right wheels cast off for the production mould.  The lancers are all moulded and ready to go, just pop me an email if you'd like some of those.  We've not released them as we were wanting a few other French items ready to release at the same time.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Nosher

Quote from: Leon on 22 February 2016, 06:03:21 PM
The guns are all cast off, I just need to get the right wheels cast off for the production mould.  The lancers are all moulded and ready to go, just pop me an email if you'd like some of those.  We've not released them as we were wanting a few other French items ready to release at the same time.

Did I hear someone mention MORE FRENCH??????

:) :) :)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Zippee

French are like hobnobs - you can't stop at one [packet]  ;D

I'm tempted Leon, but as I'm still painting the final few Austrians from my Christmas order I'll hang fire until I can get guns and lancers all together

PS many thanks for the extra French officers that you sent despite me saying not to  :o just don't go bankrupting the state with all this customer service stuff ;D

Leon

Quote from: Nosher on 22 February 2016, 07:57:12 PM
Did I hear someone mention MORE FRENCH??????

Yep, all those other cavalry types we previewed a while back!

Quote from: Zippee on 22 February 2016, 08:12:12 PM
I'm tempted Leon, but as I'm still painting the final few Austrians from my Christmas order I'll hang fire until I can get guns and lancers all together

PS many thanks for the extra French officers that you sent despite me saying not to  :o just don't go bankrupting the state with all this customer service stuff ;D

No worries!

8)

fsn

Very nice Brunswickers.

How do you paint black on black? It's either very easy ... or incredibly difficult.  :-\
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Zippee

The same as white but using darker greys  8)

black =  uniform and shako in dark grey, belts and scabbards in very dark grey, highlight uniform and shako with mid-grey. Wash with black

white = uniform and belts in light grey, shako and scabbards in dark grey, highlight shako with mid-grey, pick out belts in white. Wash with black, highlight uniform and belts again in white

easy-peasy  8)

Leon026

Paint black is much easier in my opinion than painting white - undercoat black, drybrush gray and/or highlight, wash black, pick out details and lighten the highlights if required.

Any news on the Prussians (range list?) or the additional French by the way? What units should be we expect?

Roy

Quote from: Leon026 on 01 April 2016, 07:02:43 PM
... the ... French by the way? What units should be we expect?

A Monkey!  :d

Only kidding, Pools fans.
:)
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Leon

Quote from: Leon026 on 01 April 2016, 07:02:43 PM
Any news on the Prussians (range list?) or the additional French by the way? What units should be we expect?

The pics of the impending French are here: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,7642.0.html

And the Prussians are here: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,10524.0.html

The Prussians went into master moulds this week and we're casting from those now.  I don't expect them to be ready for Salute, but we'll give it a shot!