Tlaxcalans - commission for a friend

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 21 February 2016, 08:49:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Another unit of Spanish swordsmen and a general (looks like this might become a Spanish Colonial army at some point)

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

nikharwood

d_Guy

I reeeeeally like the sword and shield men ML! Very spiffy work.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Techno

fred.

I like those, they've come out very nicely.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Been a year or three...
But Pete asked me to paint some more Tlaxcalans, so I said yes... 200+ figures later...  @-)

Archers (he already had 17 stands of these, so I did him another 39 stands)

A close up (the original stand is front right)

'Protected' archers (mixed archers and warriors), 24 stands.

Close up

Slingers (18 bases)

General

And you thought I had been quiet of late!
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Very nice work, Will.  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

sunjester

Duke Speedy of Leighton

lowlylowlycook

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

fsn

13 July 2018, 08:08:06 AM #42 Last Edit: 13 July 2018, 08:09:57 AM by fsn
First off, that is some bloomin' impressive work.   =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

I was completely and utterly behind you all the way ... until the baggage. I know this is a hobby horse that I have ridden to the dust, but I have to ask about the Darkseid* face behind them.  

Is it expected that the baggage is a largely static unit? It's not expected to move and can therefore be left in situ throughout a game? If so I can view the Zordon**/baggage combo as terrain and get on with my day. If not, is the logic that the baggage tote the Face of Boe*** with them, or does it follow them Pacman**** like across the table?

I am, of course, just hugely jealous of your skills. Also curious to see what's behind Lady Cassandra*****.

* DC Comics super baddie - Google it!  >:(
** From the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. (I refuse to recognise any of the sequels. They were a mockery of the original concept.) He's a big floaty head thing that lures teenagers into a secluded fortress and then dresses them in skin tight clothes and gets them to stand in splayed-legged, exaggerated positions. What's wrong with that?  
***Dr Who character. Just a face.  In a jar of vinegar. A big face. Really big. No ... there's no logic to it.
****I'm not explaining that one
***** Another Dr Who character that was just a face in a jar. I don't know why. Maybe the writer had a fetish or something.Zoe Wannamaker did the voice and eventually she dried up and sort of popped. Lady Cassandra that is. Not Zoe Wannamaker.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

No clue, its a fishtank decoration that my mate wanted on the base, beggars can't be choosers!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

And yes, it has become a Spanish colonial army...
63 arquibusiers.

Pikes and crossbows next!