Battle of Bosworth 1485 Project

Started by Norm, 06 November 2018, 03:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

A long time ago I put together some text and rules specific to the Bosworth Battle. recently coming across this work, I am encouraged to start a new and 'pretty' project that hopefully would be playable in a small space.

I have done a bit of a write up about the history of this project over on my blog and hope to see it develop into something. LINK.

http://battlefieldswarriors.blogspot.com/2018/11/battle-of-bosworth-1485.html

Leman

A favourite wargaming period for me - thanks Norm.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Norm

Thanks, I remember you saying you bought some 28mm Perry Mercenaries. The Perry plastic WoR range is fairly comprehensive to get up and going. I wish they would bring out a WoR starter Battle in a Box set, the same as they did for ACW.

I have been working on two 1066 armies in 12mm, which are nice, but I think a couple of WoR armies are more versatile in terms of opportunities to different battles.

Leman

I've just had a proper read of the blog. Indeed I have a good few Perry WOR packs, including personalities, guns and wagons. I am also intending to put them on 120mm bases for To the Strongest - which is a very entertaining square based game. Had a dabble using my smaller Bloody Barons figures and it was a good game, but as I also like the BB rules I will do TtS in 28mm and use the traditional 6x4. All in the future of course.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!