10mm Germans WW2 - Formerly Buried At The Bottom Of The Lead Pile.

Started by Roy, 20 February 2016, 11:24:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

[copied straight from my blog]

You've got to love when you find something in the lead pile that you'd forgotten you had.

I previously had a large amount of 10mm Late War WW2 stuff for the Blitzkrieg Commander rules, which I sold off the majority of. The painted stuff I didn't wish to inflict upon people, so I kept them, forgot about them, and have, yesterday, found them. Yay!

Pendraken Miniatures will be, hopefully, re-releasing the Blitzkrieg Commander II rules later this year, and now, when they do, I've the nucleus of a German force to start collecting again.

Even if they're painted a bit rubbish :)

We won't go into the reason why I based the infantry and HQ bases how I did. Table space economy was no doubt my reasoning.

Looking at what I've found, I believe I've got this:

10mm Pendraken WW2 Late War Germans
x1 Artillery Observor
x1 Hummel SPG
x2 Wespe SPGs
x2 Nebelwerfers
x2 Stug 3s
x2 Pz VI Tigers
x2 Hetzers
x1 PzJ. IV
x2 Marders (marder IIs?)
x1 Sdkfz. 250/?

x1 HQ
x1 Panzerschrek
x1 Mortar
x2 HMGs
x2 platoons
Motorcycle/sidecar combo
Engineers
57mm ATG?
Pak40 ATG
88mm ATG

And since I've also found my 6mm 'German' terrain (which I used for 10mm BKC) I'm thinking Late War Eastern Front games are in the offing!
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

petercooman

Looks good to me!

Your marders are actually marder III, marder II was more boxy, and had the crew compartiment more in the center of the tank:

Marder 2:

marder 3:

bradpitre

Hello!!
the "marder II" is assembled on the chassis of "pzII" (5 small wheels), while the "marder III" is mounted on the chassis of "pz38t" (4 larger wheels) as hetzer, it should help you easily recognize it

eric
je suis contre les femmes............tout contre!!!!

2016 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!

Roy

Thank you for the information  :-bd

Shiny varnish stuff was some of that Army Painter stain varnish stuff. Back when I bought these (and painted them) I wasn't terribly keen on painting, so it was a rush job.

They'll be another project to add to the 10mm list...

ACW
Zombies
Warband
WW2
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

Womble67

Look fine to me

Quote from: mad lemmey on 20 February 2016, 11:27:23 AM
Quick blast of matt varnish and they will be great!

Agree with matt varnish

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Roy

In truth, I've not had much success with applying Matt over Gloss in the past. Adverse reactions and ruined paint jobs have occurred.

What I used was. Brush on Gloss and then spray on Matt. Wickes Gloss and then GW Matt. I normally just spray GW varnish on things.

toxicpixie

The AP Antishine Matt spray is really good, I've found!

Cracking find, definitely table ready (mostly!) :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Subedai

For years and years I have used an enamel gloss varnish from Poundland covered by an artists matt enamel varnish and haven't had a single problem in all that time. Both are brushed on.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

I use AP matt spray with no probs...defo need to be matt.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Roy