15mm Test Troops for WWII USMC and New Campaign Outline

Started by bigjackmac, 12 February 2016, 02:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjackmac

All,

I didn't get anything wargaming related done this past weekend, we were out of town for a funeral again.  And I've missed work the past couple days being sick; being out sick is usually an opportunity to get some painting done, but this crud has really had me out of it.  I've spent about 90% of my waking hours lying on the couch with the baby.  I did, however, manage to get up and paint up a trio of test troops for an upcoming campaign I have planned.

Here are the three troops, all the same pose of a Peter Pig 15mm US Marine Corps rifleman.  They are in chronological order from right to left, with right being the Guadalcanal Marine, center being the Climbing the Solomons Marine, and left being the Central Pacific Marine.

To see more pics, and the outline for my new campaign concept, please check the blog at:
http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2016/02/test-troops-for-ww2-15mm-usmc.html

I'm also looking at some air gaming with 1/600 USN/USMC vs  IJA/IJN, which is all ready to go except for some later US aircraft; some torpedo boat action (I have a bunch of USN and IJN stuff that needs to be assembled and painted); and some surface action (I have a bunch of Axis and Allies War at Sea prepaints ready to go).  Coming soon.

V/R,
Jack

paulr

Sorry to hear of another funeral, also hope you get well soon

:-bd =D> :-bd

I particularly like the basing on the Central Pacific Marine
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

pierre the shy

Very nice Jack - Semper Fi  :)

stay well.

Look forwards to your reports on future Pacific land, air and sea campaigns.

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Tawa

Well that went down like a lead baboon......

O.P.E (Oik of the Pendraken Empire) - 2015 Honours List.

Matt J

Very good Jack and if you don't mind me saying so your painting has come on leaps and bounds over the projects I've seen. 8)
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

bigjackmac

Matt,

Thanks, I appreciate it.  Just a couple years ago I was block painting, not using washes, not flocking my bases, and all my terrain was spray painted khaki! And I didn't have a blog, play many games, or know how to put pictures on forums!

I've come a long way, with a lot of help from this very forum; Nik Harwood was very helpful with the blog/forum issues, and I recall it was Lemmey that coaxed me over the fear of ruining my paint jobs by using a wash!

V/R,
Jack

petercooman

Looks great jack!

One day i WILL paint up my revell marines and japanese! I promise! 8-}