Revamped WWII vehicles!

Started by Leon, 12 February 2016, 12:28:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

12 February 2016, 12:28:16 AM Last Edit: 12 February 2016, 01:08:36 AM by Leon
Our talented modellers have been busily working on some more revamped vehicles for our WWII range, so here's a few quick sneaky pics to whet the appetite!  (I know Mart's put some pics of these up previously, but it's always worth another look!)  We'll be getting these moulded up asap and we'll let everyone know when they become available.

After we got the Humber LRC modelled we quickly realised that our original Humber A/C was a little small!  So, we've now got this revamped version, complete with Mk II and Mk III turrets.

Tiger I with zimmerit, in both early and late variants:

Sturmtiger:

And then this little selection, I'll leave it open to everyone to identify these ones!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Wulf

Is this a Ram I see before me? Oh, frabjous day, calllum callay!

And, also, oh, bugger, there goes the last shred of determination to do me own...

Wulf

p.s. I'll have an Achilles too, please...

But on a less joyous note, I have a revamped Tigger, and the tracks (not the wheels, just the tracks) are a bit... well, overstated... vast, foot thick things with excessively exaggerated tread (or whatever it's called on tracks). Otherwise lovely...

Ithoriel

So from the top I'm thinking, M10 Achilles, M10 Wolverine (I'll have one of those for my Soviet forces), M3 Lee ... but what's the bottom one?
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Wulf

Ram it Ithoriel.

sorry... Ram II...  :D

Ithoriel

Thanks Wulf, not a tank that I'm familiar with, though I did go look it up after you mentioned it recently so have no excuse for not recognising it!

Lets hope it sees more action on the tabletop than it did irl  :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Wulf

12 February 2016, 01:29:07 AM #6 Last Edit: 12 February 2016, 01:32:22 AM by Wulf
Well, in real life it trained a lot of troops then equipped the post war Netherlands, but, yes, not an illustrious career in terms of battle honours...

hmm... I see this one has no stowage box on the back of the turret. That seems common from pics. I'll have to make me mid up whether to go historic or cut up a little box for myself...

[Next stop... the Sentinel...]

NTM

Your Humber III looks to have a 37mm rather than a besa to me making it a mark IV but does not have the revised stowage arrangement on the right side of that version.

NTM

Quote from: Ithoriel on 12 February 2016, 01:12:07 AM
So from the top I'm thinking, M10 Achilles, M10 Wolverine (I'll have one of those for my Soviet forces), M3 Lee ... but what's the bottom one?

Top one is the M36 Jackson not Achilles

Steve J

Some nice new additions. I really must get my WWII kit out again as I've been playing so much BP era games of late.

fsn

Quote from: Leon on 12 February 2016, 12:28:16 AM
And then this little selection, I'll leave it open to everyone to identify these ones!
Is that because you didn't know?

I'm an absolute sucker for small armour.

And Large armour.

All very useful.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Wulf

Quote from: NTM on 12 February 2016, 07:10:20 AM
I was thinking that, on consideration. Wrong turret bustle/counterweight, no muzzle brake. Hopefully an Achilles to follow.

Ithoriel

Quote from: NTM on 12 February 2016, 07:10:20 AM

Ah well, in my defence, I don't tend to pay too much attention to the side-shows in Africa and NW Europe, preferring to concentrate on the important theatres of the war :)

Sunray

Quote from: Wulf on 12 February 2016, 12:55:59 AM
Is this a Ram I see before me? Oh, frabjous day, calllum callay!

And, also, oh, bugger, there goes the last shred of determination to do me own...

A Ram is a great little tank for its tier. Better protected than the M4.  Lots of great counterfactual war and post war potential.  See my thread in the rules section.
Can we get a please get the long barrel 6pdr version ?

Wulf

I think that IS the 6 pounder version. That's as long as it gets.

World of Tanks guns show extreme degrees of compensating for something on virtually every tank, but the Ram is secure in it's own barrel length...