Revamped WWII vehicles!

Started by Leon, 12 February 2016, 12:28:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

Quote from: Wulf on 13 February 2016, 12:36:22 AM
I think that IS the 6 pounder version. That's as long as it gets.

The late Mk II had no auxiliary turret, WSS suspension and the longer version of the 6pdr with a muzzle break.
I think the side sponson doors also went.  In short, too many modifications, so it looks like we are stuck with the early version.
Which is probably fair enough for an AFV that never fired a shot in anger.

NTM

Quote from: Wulf on 13 February 2016, 12:36:22 AM
I think that IS the 6 pounder version. That's as long as it gets.

World of Tanks guns show extreme degrees of compensating for something on virtually every tank, but the Ram is secure in it's own barrel length...

Early production had the mk III at 43 calibres late the mk V at 50 so 2.66mm longer scaled down.

Wulf

Ah, I wasn't aware there was a notable length difference, although I should have remembered the muzzle brake!  But the hull differences would make this a whole different mini.

Sunray

Quote from: Wulf on 14 February 2016, 01:09:04 PM
Ah, I wasn't aware there was a notable length difference, although I should have remembered the muzzle brake!  But the hull differences would make this a whole different mini.

No worries mate.  Will the new Ram be compatible with the Kangaroo ?   ;D  I have just read what I have written.

The answer is yes, 'cause they are both herbivores .

Seriously - in terms of hull and size - will they blend?   

Wulf

Exactly what I came here to ask. The existing Kangaroo is nice, but the suspension details are lacking, and it would make sense to get the two based on an identical hull. With, hopefully, at least a suggestion of interior...

Sunray

I will second that proposal - a revamped Kangaroo with a bit more detail inside and out.  The Ram had an Artillery Obs version that saw action in France 1944/45, so it would be neat if they matched.

It always jars a bit when you put two contrasting models of the same subject on the table. 

John Cook

Curious to know who decided to make a model of a RAM, a tank that never saw service, except as a training vehicle.

Wulf

I feel a small sense of guilt/pride that I've been going on about it for months  ;D

NTM

15 February 2016, 06:23:32 AM #23 Last Edit: 15 February 2016, 06:25:17 AM by NTM
Quote from: John Cook on 14 February 2016, 10:03:44 PM
Curious to know who decided to make a model of a RAM, a tank that never saw service, except as a training vehicle.

They were used as OP vehicles in NWE though probably only the later version.

Dave

The idea is to redo the kangeroo, its easier to start with the basic tank to do more conversions and for completeness.  I do have 25 other masters awaiting more variations that we have not listed yet 8)

Dave

Sunray

Quote from: Dave on 15 February 2016, 10:00:00 AM
The idea is to redo the kangeroo, its easier to start with the basic tank to do more conversions and for completeness.  I do have 25 other masters awaiting more variations that we have not listed yet 8)

Dave

I will in that case add it to the back order list.   There is  a lot of fun in gaming late war Western Front.   British tanks, if lacking armour, now have better guns,  the Kangaroo is  a very useful APC, and the Allied air superiority makes a level playing field of the Tigers and Panthers threat.  You also get a neat mix of infantry types amongst the Germans which keeps things interesting.

Wulf

Quote from: Dave on 15 February 2016, 10:00:00 AM
Those wouldn't include the Churchill I would they?

Steeleye

If you want more vehicles that never saw action why not make...

The Churchill Kangaroo? An APC with six inches of frontal armour.

The Black Prince, basically a Churchill with a 17pdr gun.

The Tortoise, badass assault gun with a 32pdr(?) main armament.

fsn

Oooh! Steeleye! You dirty talking track-head you!

I love it when you talk Churchill variants.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

Quote from: fsn on 18 February 2016, 08:11:51 AM
Oooh! Steeleye! You dirty talking track-head you!

I love it when you talk Churchill variants.

Well now you have done it Steeleye!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only is he off with his laminated vanguards, he will be going on and on and on and on about Churchill this , Churchill that, Did you know the Churchill MK 75 had an extra bolt in the connecting rod for the accelerator Etc Etc Etc.

It will never stop    >:(
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson