Danger-Ross does AWI

Started by TSV90DangerRoss, 09 February 2016, 12:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TSV90DangerRoss

17 April 2017, 09:52:44 PM #75 Last Edit: 17 April 2017, 09:54:27 PM by TSV90DangerRoss
WHAT IS THIS NECROMANCY!!

Right apologies for the massive gap, but have no fear folks! the AWI project is Phase one complete!! Below are a couple of photos of both the armies. I actually finished the project last year but never got round to posting the photos. I have had a couple of games with these armies and both me and my mate feel that they are good forces. In terms of other painting projects I have done some 15mm WWII French, Finns, Brits and 'What if?' Swedes I'm now doing some Germans. However, there is only so much Khaki, Feldgrau, and various shades of brown/green that one can take and I am getting increasingly tempted to do a Phase 2 for the AWI consisting of:

3 battalions of militia (I sill have enough command figs for 3 commands so seems silly not to use them)
2 more groups of riflemen

3 battalions of Highlanders
2 groups of Jaegers!
Plus associated officers and casualty figures of course.

I also eventually need to get round to finishing off some more trees, but they are so boring to make. Anyways enough chat here are the two armies living in their display cabinet (ikea job like) obviously the Brits are on the higher shelf.

The rebels

The Brits

lowlylowlycook

Looks great.  Thanks for bumping your thread.  Since I'm new around here I hadn't seen it.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Womble67

Very nice indeed

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

Impressive display case :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Terrific !!  :-bd

Cheers - Phil.

Westmarcher

Whilst somewhat "in the distance," these look really good!  :-bd
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Jasper

Look great, especially in that display case, now why did you have to let me see that!! Now I need to work out how to hide a new display case in plain site in my library without my better half sporting it :)

sunjester

Jasper

Great looking collection :)

Jesus

2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

TSV90DangerRoss

Right then folks. Just a quick heads up that over the past few months I have added more figures to the project so that the next phase is complete. Each force now consists of:

14 units of foot. (24 infantry plus an officer and a casualty)
4 units of skirmishers (15 infantry plus and officer and casualty)
1 unit of cavalry (15 cavalry plus an officer and a casualty)
6 guns with crews (4 gunners to each gun)
One command base (3 command officers)

Theres also a few civilians and 10 cows. (Sheep are in progress). All in all (if i have got the maths right) the project is 952 figs in total (not including animals and civilians). Thats me pretty much done with it. But since I am rather close to 1000 figures I may return in future to reach that landmark.

Apologies for the lack of photos but I intend to get them done in the next few days.

paulr

Looking forward to the piccies :-w :-w ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I'm sure they will look amazing
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner