Womble67

Very nice indeed

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

TSV90DangerRoss

Right then folks, just a quick one here, more of a question than an update, one of the mods should know this I presume.

Is it possible to get extra figs in a Pendraken order? Basically I dropped and trod on one of my Hessians so now he is not looking too good. Also in an order  placed a while ago one of the militia figs was a mis cast with no real legs, just a wee bit of flash basically, attaching his shins to his torso.  In addition I have an odd number of firing to loading poses in a British set so would wither need a specific number of each, or just one extra fig to balance it out. I don't mind paying a bit extra for the extra figs to be put into any order (would be ordering the same pack anyway, its not like i just need random figures).

If anyone knows if this is possible, do let me know!

cheers. will hopefully have some more photos soon

paulr

The nice Mr Leon will be along shortly to assist :)

I have found Pendraken more than happy to include specific extra figures in an order
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: TSV90DangerRoss on 16 June 2016, 12:52:32 AM
Is it possible to get extra figs in a Pendraken order?

No problem at all, just drop us an email with the product code and pose/quantity you need and we'll get them sorted out.  So for example, AWG8: firing x 6 figures, etc.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

TSV90DangerRoss

Quote from: Leon on 16 June 2016, 03:33:47 PM
No problem at all, just drop us an email with the product code and pose/quantity you need and we'll get them sorted out.  So for example, AWG8: firing x 6 figures, etc.

8)

Thanks very much, order placed and emails sent to orders@pendraken.co.uk

TSV90DangerRoss

Right then, another project update.
It is kind of the one year anniversary of the project at the moment, so I think a wee review of progress is in order.
This project technically started on the 4th July last year, and was born from a discussion with an American friend about the logic of linear warfare. The initial aim was to have two battle ready armies done by the 4th July this year. Unfortunately this has not been achieved, however I do feel that given the circumstances, I have put in a pretty good effort. Limited budget was one key factor, as sometimes I would have to paint more slowly in order to make figures last until the next order came in.Also, the fact that in the early stages of the project I had an MA dissertation to write was an obvious drain on time, DISCLAIMER: to anyone in this situation, focus on your dissertation! Getting the results back and realising you smashed it is the best feeling ever. Moving back home, and then back up to Leeds was obviously another drain on painting time. However in the last couple of months I have been able to make some solid progress, whilst settling into work.

So all in all, I'm not really disheartened about missing the initial deadline. July is a busy month in terms of weekends, however, I think that the end is now in sight.

The proposed OoB for each army is:

6x Line infantry battalions (24 figs each)
3x Other infantry battalions, Hessians for Brits, militia for the rebels (24 figs each)
3x Guns
2x skirmish infantry, Riflemen for the rebels, natives for the Brits (15 figs each)
1x unit of cavalry (15 figs)
1x HQ of assortment of officer figures

In addition to this, each unit will have its own casualty figure. I am also going to use the mounted officer figures as order markers, the idea being that if a unit is 'ordered' it will have a mounted officer figure behind it. when the unit becomes 'disordered' the officer figure is removed, not sure how this will work for natives and riflemen, any suggestions are welcome. Again this is my attempt to keep 'realistic' markers, I personally am not one for lots of bright plastic all over the battlefield. The other thing I need to work out are 'shaken' markers. In an ideal world I would love to have a fleeing figure or two for each unit, but that is way beyond my conversion skills. Again, any suggestions are very welcome.

So what is left to do?

30 militia figs
40 British line figs
15 Hessians
Some more casualty figures, and mounted officers.
Sort out the flags for the Hessians.
So in review, not an insane amount left to do. I paint pretty slowly, but steadily getting there.

But of course, what is a post without pictures!

Another unit of Brits, 28th regt foot. or as I like to call them, the Imperial Fists, due to their yellow facings

Regt. Von Donop, command obviously needs basing finished

Regt. Rall

Trees, got some big hex bases for them so I can build larger modular woods. Then use smaller bases around the edges to make more irregular shapes.

Once again any constructive criticism is welcome!

fred.

Very nice, again!

Interesting method of making the woods. Should look good en masse. I just go for individual trees on a piece of foam - this has the advantage that you can move them around to fit figures in easily, but it doesn't look as good.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Techno

Very tasty !  8)

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Top work fella!
One hint: support your local butcher! ;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

fred.

Quote from: mad lemmey on 05 July 2016, 08:46:47 PM

One hint: support your local butcher! ;)

I think we covered this a page or two back  ;)
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

TSV90DangerRoss

Ok then folks another update.

First up we have the 3 completed Hessian units. Flags are on order and should arrive soon

Von Rall

Lieb

Von Donop

In addition I have also painted up some US officers

And now since the officers are done, this is how a battalion will look on the table top, 20 infantry figs, 4 command, a casualty base, and a mounted officer:

These figures will be put on 20x20mm bases and will follow the same concept as the casualty markers, but this time with two mini dice frames (on order at the mo) WHY TWO DICE FRAMES? I hear you cry, well, the original plan was to have the officer figures show 'order' i.e if a unit became disordered they would be removed, but that still left me with the issue of shaken markers. The idea now is to have two dice frames on the officer's base, if the unit becomes disordered then a black dice is put in one frame, if the unit becomes shaken then a white dice is put into a frame. (the numbers are irrelevant). Once the double dice frames get here and I base a few up then I will get photos. 

In terms of the project as a whole. Definitely now in the final furlong. The order I placed the other day will theoretically be the last one for this project, and according to my calculations, I only have 39 figs left to paint. ONWARD TO VICTORY. I'm hoping then I could do a game with some photos, as I have a pal in Leeds who is a massive wargamer and enjoys black powder. I'm thinking it would be cool to do a battle report as a way of rounding off the project.

Moving forward the next project is some 15mm French WW2, but I am not sure how big that one is going to get. I have found Pendraken figs to be a joy to paint however and I really like 10mm as a scale, I can certainly see myself doing more 10mm projects in the long run, the only issue, as ever, is deciding which period and armies to do. 

Techno

Really, really good.  :-bd

I think you've absolutely nailed the chestnut horse.....I Particularly like that. =D>

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Those are brilliantly brilliant! :)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr