Danger-Ross does AWI

Started by TSV90DangerRoss, 09 February 2016, 12:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunny

Excellent work!

Very impressive armies, are you going to use Black Powder rules?  Their Rebellion supplement is very good.

This period is on 'to do' list lol

TSV90DangerRoss

Firstly apologies for no update for a while, was waiting for an order to arrive and was then away at the weekend, have under-coated some cavalry so should hopefully get some photos of those up soon.

Quote from: Bunny on 13 March 2016, 06:59:05 AM
Excellent work!

Very impressive armies, are you going to use Black Powder rules?  Their Rebellion supplement is very good.

This period is on 'to do' list lol

Glad you like the figures. Yes these are going to be used with Black powder. I agree the Rebellion supplement is excellent, a real 'must have' for anyone doing the period I feel. I acctually wanted to do an in depth review of it one day as to why it was such a good supplement, and how it is a much stronger supplement than 'last argument of kings'. However to do it properly would probably mean doing a Youtube review comparing the two works, as there is no way I could be bothered to type it all up!

TSV90DangerRoss

Right then folks, apologies for the delay in getting an update done.

A few photos here, first up the 3rd Continental Light Dragoons, there will be 15 figs in the full unit, but only got 10 finished so far:

And also have completed some Royal artillery lads with their 6 pounder:

Hope you enjoy!

After these units then it is on to the 17th Light Dragoons for the Brits, then after that will be making an order for the rest of the figs needs to meet the original goal of the project. So 3 battalions worth of Hessians, finish up two battalions worth of militia to make 3 complete battalions. Then 3 more UK line battalions, plus a few more casualties and mounted generals. Not sure how the 4th of July deadline will hold up, but I shall give it a good go!

In other news the job search continues to frustrate, if anyone here has any links to political risk assessment, military analysis, regional security analysis, counter-terrorism, counter-insurgency or anything else within that sphere do give us a shout. In terms of qualifications I hold a Distinction at MA level in Security, Terrorism and Insurgency, and a 2:1 in International Relations and Russian at undergrad. (my Russian is not that great though, but my German is ok.)

That probably flies in the face of forum rules, but you never know who is out there. 
Also please no-one recommend joining the Army, have already tried that, twice, but my dodgy ears had me rumbled.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Bill Braham

Wonderful work and love that you have done the cavalry standard that was made out of a pair of curtains (or chair backing depending on which legend you believe) for the 3rd. Sewn by the fair hands of William Washington's fiancee.

TSV90DangerRoss

Quote from: Bill Braham on 23 March 2016, 01:01:25 PM
Wonderful work and love that you have done the cavalry standard that was made out of a pair of curtains (or chair backing depending on which legend you believe) for the 3rd. Sewn by the fair hands of William Washington's fiancee.

Good spot, unfortunately when I printed the flag out the pattern in the centre didn't really come out so well, but I'm not hugely fussed about it really, as any attempt to paint it on would have probably come out looking mental.  Also I hope the Officer in question brought his Mrs' some new curtains/ chair once the war was over. But then if he did the resulting arguments over colour and design probably resulted in divorce.

Leman

Some lovely stuff there and I do like the horses.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Womble67

Very nice indeed

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

TSV90DangerRoss

Right then folks, just a quick update, basically just to apologise for not having posted in a while, I have managed to do a bit of painting recently but not a huge amount, will try and get photos. I have been very busy with my part time job and my online political analysis. As well as these 'distractions' I have also managed to get full time work (YAY) and so have had alot of admin to do, i.e moving back up to Leeds, finding a flat etc etc. HOWEVER, the little men have all made the trek north, and I plan on painting a lot more once I move into my new place, after all I wont have the internet for a few days, and my sister has run off with the tv, so no games console to get in the way.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Congrats, on that.  :)
Cheers - Phil

PB

Congratulations and look forward to seeing more of your work.

paulr

Congrats on the new job, hope the move north wasn't too stressful  ;)

Looking forward to see more painting
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!