Unit ID markers

Started by chalkie, 02 February 2016, 11:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

I too have used a similar system to Mollinary for BBB. Once on the table it is damned hard to tell one unit from another once the ebb and flo of battle has moved formations around. Simple labels such as those ones described really do speed up play for BBB as we do not have to look at the OOB etc. Not that aesthetically pleasing but if neatly done, you soon forget they are there. See below pic of said markers 'in action':

DanJ

Like many here I use flags, banners, helmet plumes/crests, shield designs and facings to differentiate units and I don't like games which end up with units trailing loads of markers just so you can keep track of things.

It can be difficult in some armies, often barbarian types, to differentiate between units, in these situations I find a small spot of paint on the back of all the bases in a unit makes a useful and unobtrusive marker.

FierceKitty

I do also write unit identities under their bases.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Glorfindel

For 6mm figures, I use small strips glued onto the back of the base.
This includes a National flag, unit title & any other game info needed.

An example is here :

If the pic doesn't work (which it rarely does these days), I have included
a link here :

http://s761.photobucket.com/user/glorfindel-666/media/Great%20Northern%20War/IMG_0904.jpg.html?sort=2&o=0#/user/glorfindel-666/media/Great%20Northern%20War/IMG_0904.jpg.html?sort=2&o=0&_suid=1454692130735036067392425836214

Cheers,

Phil