Competition discussion thread 2016

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 01 February 2016, 05:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aksu

29 February 2016, 08:48:33 PM #135 Last Edit: 29 February 2016, 08:50:10 PM by Aksu
Hullo,
Uploaded a few pics of my recent League of Augsburg work. Happy to be in the company of the excellent work by all the esteemed members of the forum again this year.
Cheers,
Aksu
PS A massive thank you to Chad who was very kind to provide me with painting and organisational info on the armies and enemies of the Sun King.

d_Guy

Meirion,
Baron Rothschild on a zebra is just plain fun and an excellent looking figure!  Well done sir.
Sleep with clean hands ...

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: d_Guy on 29 February 2016, 11:23:55 PM
Meirion,
Baron Rothschild on a zebra is just plain fun and an excellent looking figure!  Well done sir.

Thank you very much  :-[

For me, it's not so much the painting or the photography, more the purple prose that go with each entry  ;)

I deliberately didn't look at any of the entries before posting my own and I'm glad I didn't!  Some cracking stuff on display  =D> :-bd

Cheers!

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

O Dinas Powys

Well, the extra day worked for me!  Finished my basing this morning and then the excellent weather meant I had some decent light to take photographs with.

Ironically, the ones I took on my phone were mostly better than the ones I took with the proper camera  :o :'(

Cheers!

Meirion

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Some brilliant last minute entries. Love the zebra
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Fenton

Good luck to everyone that's entered
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

irregularwars

Some cracking entries this year folks. Congratulations to all.  :-bd
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

First time I've had to sit down and go through all the entries since the comp closed. Wow! There are some great entries. And seeing them all back to back is even more impressive. I don't envy the judges, as you scroll down you go that one's good, then you see another, then another, I'm glad I don't have to pick.

It's a bit of a shame that the number of entries is down a bit this year.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: mad lemmey on 01 March 2016, 12:23:24 AM
Some brilliant last minute entries. Love the zebra

Cheers!

Painting one lot of stripes has possibly put me off doing the zebra-centaur army that I just bought the figures for though  :'(

8-}

;)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I did that for my troll centaur general ladt year! Gah!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

vladgothic

Ive just managed a look through some of the entries and there are some fantastic pieces of work!

The talent some folk have is just .........well makes me want to go knee capping  ;D

I would not want to be a judge!!

fsn

It's the waiting. I've got my acceptance speech laminated, so the tears won't smudge it. I've practiced my gracious smiles to the plucky losers, and can even walk in the tiara and sash without tripping. All we need now are those words ... "and the winner is ..."

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

03 March 2016, 10:06:41 PM #147 Last Edit: 03 March 2016, 10:15:59 PM by fred.
Quote from: fsn on 03 March 2016, 10:02:32 PM
... without tripping.

Are you sure, have you remembered your pills today?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

petercooman

Quote from: fred. on 03 March 2016, 10:06:41 PM
Are you sure, have you remembered your pills today?

So, i'm not saying he took his pills, but the fact he can walk in a tiara and sash without tripping was the most plausible claim made in that post  ;D

Come on, smiling graciously at the losers, i won't believe it untill i have seen it!

Techno

Quote from: vladgothic on 03 March 2016, 01:14:43 PM
I would not want to be a judge!!

You will be (along with everybody else) in the Peoples Choice.  ;)
That's probably even more difficult than the individual categories. X_X

Cheers - Phil (Who has 'done' his points awarding.  :D)