Competition discussion thread 2016

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 01 February 2016, 05:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maciek

Quote from: paulr on 01 February 2016, 08:07:44 PM
Well Bradpitre's entry has set the bar very high :o 8)
What was a high jump competition is now the pole vault ;)
Yes, indeed. Very dificult to beat.
Maciek

http://zealandbayonets.blogspot.com/
wargaming in 10mm

2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Matt J

Yes excellent stuff for openers  =D>

makes me want to get the brushes out
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Orcs

Surely the "Singles" base catergory should only be open to those who are without a Significant other?

This message is not meant  to imply that  he or she, who is without a significant other (of any gender), is in that situation due to His or Her fault or misdemeanour or even mrdemeanour. Nor that He or she is lacking in anyway, or that they are of any less importance  than a he or a she who does have a significant other (of any gender.)

Neither is it to imply that he or she should feel that they need to find a Significant other (of any gender) in his or her social circle.

But that he or she should rejoice in his or her individuality and independance. Until that time when he or she should find a significant other (of any gender) that fulfills his or her needs and desires.

Signed
The People's Front of Judea
(not to be confused with "the Judean People's Front", "the Campaign for a Free Galilee", or "the Judean Popular People's Front")
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

GrumpyOldMan

Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 05 February 2016, 12:19:25 AM
(not to be confused with "the Judean People's Front", "the Campaign for a Free Galilee", or "the Judean Popular People's Front")

Hmmmph.... Splitters!! >:( >:(

Judean Front for a Free Galilee

d_Guy

So, wait, this is the discussion thread about the painting competition and NOT the thread for discussing the discussion competition?
Sleep with clean hands ...

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Orcs

Quote from: d_Guy on 05 February 2016, 03:22:39 AM
So, wait, this is the discussion thread about the painting competition and NOT the thread for discussing the discussion competition?

I thought discussing the eligibility of a forum member to enter his or her figures into a specific catergory was discussing the competition

PFJ

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

FierceKitty

Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 05 February 2016, 12:19:25 AM
Surely the "Singles" base catergory should only be open to those who are without a Significant other?

This message is not meant  to imply that  he or she, who is without a significant other (of any gender), is in that situation due to His or Her fault or misdemeanour or even mrdemeanour. Nor that He or she is lacking in anyway, or that they are of any less importance  than a he or a she who does have a significant other (of any gender.)

Neither is it to imply that he or she should feel that they need to find a Significant other (of any gender) in his or her social circle.

But that he or she should rejoice in his or her individuality and independence. Until that time when he or she should find a significant other (of any gender) that fulfills his or her needs and desires.

Signed

What about us polyamorists, then?!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Orcs

Quote from: FierceKitty on 05 February 2016, 09:21:09 AM
What about us polyamorists, then?!

Sorry FK

For the polymorists amoung you.

Surely the "Singles" base catergory should only be open to those who are without a Significant other or others (of any gender )?

This message is not meant  to imply that  he or she, who is without a significant other or others  (of any gender), is in that situation due to His or Her fault or misdemeanour or even mrdemeanour. Nor that He or she is lacking in anyway, or that they are of any less importance  than a he or a she who does have a significant other or others (of any gender.)

Neither is it to imply that he or she should feel that they need to find a Significant other or others (of any gender) in his or her social circle.

But that he or she should rejoice in his or her individuality and independance. Until that time when he or she should find a significant other or others (of any gender) that fulfills his or her needs and desires.

Signed

Nosher

Hoping fur multiple entries with various projects Ive worked on in 2015 - Napoleonics, SCW and Warband, maybe even a ECW unit. Now all I need is some decent weather so I can take photos in natural daylight!
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Nosher

Just a thought on the categories....

Most are single stand but in future could this include units? Pike and shot look weird without each other :)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

FierceKitty

Quote from: Leman on 05 February 2016, 12:20:49 PM
What on earth is a polyamorist?

A swinger with heart, and a deplorable readiness to mix Greek and Latin.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leon

Quote from: Nosher on 05 February 2016, 11:44:54 AM
Most are single stand but in future could this include units? Pike and shot look weird without each other :)

Multiple bases are allowed this year, but still with a maximum of 16 figures in the entry.  We'll have a look at increasing that for next year though.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

bradpitre

Hello!!!
sumptuous new entries for this competition a real treat for the eyes, and we did that on February 7 !!
I look forward to the next !! !!

eric
je suis contre les femmes............tout contre!!!!

2016 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!