Koniggratz 1866

Started by Leman, 24 January 2016, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad

Excellent video. Well presented and extremely instructive. 10/10 👍

mollinary

Thanks for putting that up, Cam.  I thought it was a pretty good summary, and it was interesting to see someone, albeit not in battle conditions, actually trying to fire the Dreyse and Lorenz at speed.

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leman

Very useful video. Many thanks.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

cameronian

Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

cameronian

Interesting short series of videos by Fred Christensen on various 1866 topics. The narrative is unlikely to shed any additional light but the filming is quite good and gives a good idea of the terrain fought over for those not fortunate to have visited yet. Koniggratz is dealt with in 2 sections, click on 'Fred Christensen' to see all his stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hC9-WpjBJk
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

toxicpixie

Ooo, I must remember that for painting to later, assuming the other half has gone to bed and the TV is mine by then :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

cameronian

Also 5 Battles in Bohemia, a resume of the frontier battles, again not anything new but lots of good film of terrain.

holdfast

Richard Brown at Ken Trotman has told be today that he is collecting Wargaming in History Vol 12 Koniggratz 1866. So it will be at Salute as we had all hoped.

toxicpixie

Superb - I must ready the PayPal account :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

cameronian

holdfast

The book was on sale at Salute yesterday and the first 50 copies flew off the shelves. Several people were lucky enough to meet the authors, who graciously autographed copies.

cameronian

Having pre-ordered I presume a payment will be taken from my account and the book posted without any prompting of the publishers on my part ... or would a prompt be wise ?

toxicpixie

I emailed them on the weekend, got back a "we're sorting the pre-orders out first thing this week". The books arrived last thing on the Thursday so they didn't have time to do anything more than "load onto van" for Salute, apparently. You (we) should get a PayPal invoice in the next day or two :)

Leman

Well that is one invoice I am looking forward to.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

toxicpixie

Not something you often hear said, is it :D

Me too!