Sports fans?

Started by Leon, 14 March 2010, 03:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

I've just watched Match of the Day, now waiting for the Pacquiao fight, so I was wondering what sports does everyone like to watch/participate in?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

Football [Blues fan, was born in Chelsea] - although I don't play competitively anymore as my knees are not up to it...
Rugby - as above...
Cricket - still playing [all rounder] & coaching junior team

Oh - and I love watching ladies beach volleyball  :-*

I'll actually watch most sport, thinking about it.

Luddite

[rant]

I despise most sports, mainly because of the BBC.  Live sport always seems to overrun and the programmes i actually want to watch get moved or cancelled.  I mean why does the rest of the schedule have to kowtow to sport?  Tennis overruns?  Tough...don't keep it going for another hour and take off non-sport programming.

In this age of satellite pay channels there are dozens of channels entirely devoted to sport...keep it there.

Oh and the news always has a sport section?  Why?  WHY?!?!

I hate sport. >:(

Plus, money has ruined most sports.  I used to play and follow football (Saints for me) but money came into the game and rined it totally.

[/rant]

Now the only sport i'll watch is rugby, but i can take it or leave it.
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Sandinista

Middlesbrough fan, so I suppose you could say I don't like football  :P
Rugby and cricket are fine too, off to Croatia in September on a cricket tour

Though these days most sundays are spent wargaming hence belly getting bigger  :(

Leon

Don't mention the footy!  It's no fun being a Boro fan these days.  It woulda been nice if we could have stuck it to the Geordies on Sunday!

:(
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

goat major

Boro supporter too and equally depressed.

So when do we get a 10mm range of Boro legends ? Would Juninho need to be 6mm ?
My blog: https://goatmajor.org.uk/
My twitting: http://twitter.com/goatmajor

2014 Painting Competition - Winner!

nikharwood

15 March 2010, 11:11:07 PM #6 Last Edit: 15 March 2010, 11:12:45 PM by nikharwood
QuoteSo when do we get a 10mm range of Boro legends ?

What's that then - an empty ziplock bag?  :P ;) ;D

QuoteWould Juninho need to be 6mm ?

Like it  8)

Leon

Watch it Harwood!  We've had some top notch players up here at one time or another.  George Hardwick, Wilf Mannion, Cloughy (who managed 197 goals in 212 games!)  And more recently, Gazza...   ::)   :D

Stefanpanzer

As a now disabled person I like watching others attempt to join me by playing Rugby! Not that England have much of a clue at that! Most of my family also follow Spurs, so they have a good idea of how to be good losers.........

Leon

They're having a good season at Spurs.  I took them for 5th place back in August, so I might have a winner yet!

nikharwood

Right - don't expect to get any sense from me this evening: kick-off in 5 mins...and if we lose, I'm going to be grumpy later  :(

Megamatman

Good luck Nik! I'm a Boro fan too but always support the English Clubs in Europe.

Should be a great game!

Hopefully the Boro will pick up 3 points tonight too!

Come on Boro!
Megamatman

Megamatman

Chelski are getting desperate!
Megamatman

nikharwood

Gah...feck & double feck... :'( :( >:( :( :'(

I still like Jose though - still can't believe we sacked him...

Megamatman

Quote from: nikharwood on 16 March 2010, 10:29:27 PM
Gah...feck & double feck... :'( :( >:( :( :'(

I still like Jose though - still can't believe we sacked him...

Unlucky mate!

5 Major tropies with Mourinho, 1 since - speaks for itself really.

Boro at least managed a point  ::) - no Premiership for us next season.
Megamatman