Weapons Sprues Requests

Started by Mako, 20 January 2016, 02:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mako

Seems to me that sprues of Modern, and I suspect WWII weapons might sell well, to aid people that want to convert various figures, and/or to serve as scatter material for figure bases and dioramas/vignettes.

Some that I'd like to see include:

FN SLR/FAL
G3
M14
M16
AK47
AK74

MG3 / MG42 MG - bipod, and tripod
M60 MG

3.5" Bazooka
106mm Recoilless Rifle
Panzerfaust 44
RPG-7
LAW
Carl Gustav
Dragon
Milan
Cobra missile
SS-11 missile
Sagger missile
TOW missile

Redeye missile
Blowpipe missile
SA-7 missile

I'm sure there are many others.  Feel free to add yours as well.

Matt J

I have a feeling many of the small arms are too small to cast.

But I'd like to see some packs of additions to add to vehicles MG's crew seated and from hatches. Maybe a pack for nato and one for warsaw pact
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Steeleye

106/120mm Recoiless Rifles...PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE!

Leon

I've added this one to the list but we'd have to look at how to cast them easily, as the barrels at this scale are always so thin.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Mako

I wanted to update my requests.  Right now, I'm especially in need of the following items, in order to do some surgery to existing Pendraken figs, in order to make early Cold War West German and Danish troops.  Many of the items requested are already in existence in varying forms, attached to figure miniatures, but not available for sale separately.  Having separate ones will permit some customization of sculpts to be done.

The items I most urgently need are:

MG3 Machine Gun with bipod - can also be used for the WWII MG42 (excellent for swapping out with the existing prone MG34 gunner, as well as with more modern troops, e.g. Falklands Argentines to serve as early West Germans) - currently only available in tripod form.  Works for many other European armies too.

3.5" bazooka

Panzerfaust 44

Carl Gustav - MAW

66mm LAW

M60 Machine Gun - both bipod and tripod versions - can be paired with Falklands Argentines to make Cold War American troops with these

106mm Recoilless Rifle

4.2" and/or 120mm Mortar (can probably use the same miniature for both)

I suspect many other people might be interested in them as well, until such time as the official Cold War Bundeswehr and American troops are released.

I hope you will consider my requests.

Sunray

Hi Mako

You sound like a younger version of me !  As far as Rumour Control can ascertain, the Pendraken Head Shed plans to devote 2017 to Korea and then move on to Yom Kippur (1973).

I appreciate the plan and the limit to the number of sculpts that can be commissioned - more £ has to come in than £ go out to run a business and pay wages !  And post war/modern is only a fraction of the Pendraken business.

However, I would believe there is mitigation for a few token NATO/WP figure types and a "weapons sprue" to keep all that NATO vehicle park from gathering dust for years. (2019 ?)  Those cute wee ferrets are a classical example. Not to mention all the American tanks, M47, M41 and that big brute of a Conqueror! 

I would be interested in seeing your West German and Danish conversions.  The Argies FN can be passed for a G3, and the GPMG can be substituted for MG42.   If you are looking at early NATO, the Bunderswehr, Italian and Greek infantry were equipped with the Garand so the Korean range with US,  South Korean and the Royal Marines (US weapons, kit but berets) will be ideal  :-bd

The 106 RR has been high on the request list for many years. :P

A few Soviet types from the 1970s era would give the Falkland Brits (and modified Argies) a game.  It would also stimulate sales of modern tanks and APCs while we wait for Korean and Arab/Israeli ranges to  arrive.
I know I have put a brake on buying modern AFV/APC releases until the infantry needed to make them valid in a game are available.

fsn

Good logical progression.

Get some Arab/Israeli infantry and they can do both 1967 and 1973. I would have thought most of the heavy stuff is already in place.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!