More Prone Troop Requests

Started by Mako, 20 January 2016, 02:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mako

20 January 2016, 02:07:05 AM Last Edit: 20 January 2016, 02:09:00 AM by Mako
Thought of some others I'd like to see added to the Modern Prone Figures list, and some of the existing ones appear to make it possible for them to be easily converted, quickly, if proper weapons for them are available:

Convert existing Modern Falklands Argentine Engineer with Bayonet to:

1. trooper firing FN SLR, or FAL - useful for Argentines, Danes, and late 1950s West Germans (would be perfect to go with the HS-30 mini from Revell);
2. trooper firing M-14 rifle - early Cold War Americans;
3. trooper firing M16 rifle - mid-late Cold War Americans;
4. trooper firing 3.5" bazooka - Americans, Danes, and West Germans;
5. trooper firing LAW - Americans and others(?);
6. trooper firing Carl Gustav - Danes and Americans;
7. trooper firing MG3 - West Germans and Danes;
8. trooper firing M60 MG - Americans, and perhaps Argentines(?); and finally,
9. a trooper firing a Panzerfaust 44, for the West Germans.

Of the above, if not all can be produced, I'd like to see options 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, and 9 most.

The West Germans wore M-1 helmets, and/or their derivatives for most of the Cold War, so they'd work nicely as Americans too, excepting their use of the G3 rifle, instead of the M16.  With weapons swaps, you can get two figures (almost), for the price of one.

Would also like to see a prone MG42/MG3 team in WWII Wehrmacht helmet, since the Bundeswehr troops briefly wore those during the post-WWII period as well, so that figure can be used for both WWII and the "modern" era also.

Finally, while we're at it, might as well request British troops in helmets, prone, firing the SLR as well (also one firing the Carl Gustav too).  Perhaps another prone fig, like the GPMG one can serve for that as well, with a little modification.

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!