Advice needed for Mayan MDF kit

Started by MattW, 19 January 2016, 05:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattW

Having recently passed through Mexico City airport, I found the following kit at a news agent there. The thing cost less than $10 AUD, and it was pretty poor quality- then again, I didn't realise that I had the base the wrong way around until the last two steps of the build...  :-\

Anyway, it worked well enough. It also scales very well with 10mm miniatures- I had an AWI hessian to h d so he's included for scale shots. The whole point of this post, though, is that I'm not sure how to finish it off. I was thinking a polyfilla render and then painting it in the Reds and whites of the Mayans. Thoughts?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

MattW

19 January 2016, 09:27:20 AM #3 Last Edit: 19 January 2016, 09:32:38 AM by MattW
Quote from: Leman on 19 January 2016, 08:51:29 AM
FK should really see this!

He's the Aztec obsessive? They make a number of other prehispanic kits, including Aztec, but I can't find any online stores that stock them! It's a bit of a pain.

Their colonial kits could be good for 10mm gamers, too.

http://www.editorialdante.com/interactivo/productos.php?id_producto=55&id=4

toxicpixie

QuoteI was thinking a polyfilla render and then painting it in the Reds and whites of the Mayans. Thoughts?

Yes! I think you're spot on there :)

Can you paint friezes round the edges, or find some on line and print out, then stick on...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting