Pendraken Painting Competition 2016!

Started by Leon, 17 January 2016, 02:32:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Now THAT could be a challenge! Anyone up for it?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Is that exceptable meaning it can't be included or should it read acceptable meaning it can be used?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leon

Quote from: Leman on 17 January 2016, 09:49:43 AM
I shall watch with interest. Unfortunately I can't get my figures beyond "look half decent on the wargames table" and I'm spending time painting to get stuff on the table. Quite happy to show it elsewhere on the forum.

I've always thought your stuff looked great, especially some of the army shots you've posted up previously.  

Quote from: Fenton on 17 January 2016, 11:52:01 AM
Did you miss out the rule about Kev1964  not being allowed to enter? :d

Luckily for everyone else Kev's on the judging panel again this year!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon026

Hopefully should be able to complete my surprise project in time!

Leon

Quote from: Leon026 on 17 January 2016, 03:11:54 PM
Hopefully should be able to complete my surprise project in time!

We'll be keeping an eye out for that then!   :-bd
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Roy

Quote from: Leman on 17 January 2016, 01:16:04 PM
Is that exceptable meaning it can't be included or should it read acceptable meaning it can be used?

Typo. Sorry, I obviously hadn't spotted it. Should read "acceptable".
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Leman

As I get older my hands are getting a little more shaky. Currently making a bit of a pig's ear of Prussian artillerymen, although they'll probably turn out ok in the end.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

Quote from: Leman on 17 January 2016, 03:43:42 PM
As I get older my hands are getting a little more shaky.

Brace them against the table-top, to keep them steady, Bob.

Trying to solder a couple of tiny 'bits' with my hands 'floating free', the other day, you'd have thought I was suffering from Parkinson's.  X_X

And before anyone jumps on me......That's not meant to be funny.

Cheers - Phil

Fenton

Quote from: Techno on 17 January 2016, 04:14:54 PM
Brace them against the table-top, to keep them steady, Bob.

Trying to solder a couple of tiny 'bits' with my hands 'floating free', the other day, you'd have thought I was suffering from Parkinson's.  X_X

And before anyone jumps on me......That's not meant to be funny.

Cheers - Phil

My dad worked in the field of Parkinson's and Alzheimer's. He told me so much about the effects I worry when I can't remember stuff
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Tawa

Count me in for this.

It'll be the kick-start for my High Elves.  :D
Well that went down like a lead baboon......

O.P.E (Oik of the Pendraken Empire) - 2015 Honours List.

Fenton

Can you post stuff that you have already posted on the forum this  or does it have to brand new?
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Roy

Quote from: Fenton on 17 January 2016, 04:43:23 PM
Can you post stuff that you have already posted on the forum this  or does it have to brand new?

It just says stuff painted within the last 12 months and not previously involved in any competitions. Unless I've missed a bit?
Last year I entered a painted miniature that I'd shown on this forum in another thread, prior to the comp - and it had been seen on the Steve Dean forum as well.
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Fenton

That's what I presumed Roy. But just wanted to make sure

Leon

Quote from: Fenton on 17 January 2016, 04:43:23 PM

Yep, as Roy says above, as long as it's been painted in the past 12 months then you're good to go.  It's not really a 'What can you paint right now' competition, more a celebration of what everyone has achieved over the last year.

8)

Fenton

Quote from: Leon on 17 January 2016, 05:50:29 PM
Yep, as Roy says above, as long as it's been painted in the past 12 months then you're good to go.  It's not really a 'What can you paint right now' competition, more a celebration of what everyone has achieved over the last year.

8)

Good job I managed to paint one thing last year