"Techno is moving to modern infantry" (official)

Started by Sunray, 07 January 2016, 09:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbarian

I must confess I'd do ultra-modern (post 2001).

But since I rarely buy any miniatures (said no wargamers ever), I don't think my voice should matter.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

I'm less likely to do Ultra Modern, but my point was that I think Pendraken should round out the ranges they have now, rather than dive into a completely new (i.e. ultra modern) range. 
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Sunray

Quote from: fsn on 08 January 2016, 08:42:13 PM
I'm less likely to do Ultra Modern, but my point was that I think Pendraken should round out the ranges they have now, rather than dive into a completely new (i.e. ultra modern) range. 

Which is the point I was making when I opened this thread.    No commercial sense  in ultra modern figures when no ultra modern vehicles exist.   So my wish list

1.  Command groups for Falklands (both sides).

2.  A Red Force for British BAOR (the Falklands Brit range + Centurions, Ferrets et al) to play with.  We already have early Warsaw Pack AVFs and APCs so good to go for a 1960s/70s some figures.

3.  Korea - most of the kit is WW2 but infantry would be useful .  I love those IMEX sculpts of North and South Korean troops.

Orcs

Quote from: fsn on 08 January 2016, 08:41:37 AM

So do we (the sultanas in the Pendraken curry sauce)

Milord Oik,

I had a  Pakistani mentor when I was an apprentice.  He had come over during WW2 and did the wiring on Spitfires. He was friends with  chef at the famous Veerswarmys Indian restaurant  in Regent street. He and the Chef were both adamant that  "you should NEVER EVER"  add sultanas to a curry sauce. 

This came about from those dreadful dried Vesta meals.

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 09 January 2016, 09:34:09 AM
This came about from those dreadful dried Vesta meals.

I still have a hankering after those......Once every few years.....But not since I blamed one of those for causing an allergic reaction (?) and making the roof, and back, of my mouth  'blow up'.

Mrs T had to drive me to casualty, with me with my head bent forward, because the swelling at the back of my throat was causing the uvula (the dangly bit in the roof of your mouth) to expand so much it was going down my throat and making me retch, all the time.

Scared the cr*p out of me !.......But.......All I had to do, was gargle with freezing cold water to take the swelling down.
At the time I didn't put it down to the Vesta meal......But when it happened again, after another...I thought that was too much of a coincidence, and haven't touched one since.

Cheers - Phil

Roy

I think there should be some sort of field kitchen (with curry on the menu obviously!) made for all the appropriate ranges  :)

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Tawa

Curreh! Curreh, everywah!  ;D

I love curry me....
Well that went down like a lead baboon......

O.P.E (Oik of the Pendraken Empire) - 2015 Honours List.

Mako

Lots of interest from me, for the 1950s - 1980s, e.g. Americans, West Germans, Cold War British (essentially the same as Falklands, though would like to see some prone troops), Danes, Soviets, East Germans, etc., etc.

Some of the above can just use US uniforms and helmets I suspect, but with different weapons, e.g. G3 rifle, MG3, and Panzerfaust 44 for the Bundeswehr; Danes, etc..

US kit, and helmets also work for many other nations too - sometimes with communist supplied weaponry.

US Vietnam troops can be used for much of the Cold War, though I'd like to see an expansion on the figs available for them.

See my Want List for prone troopers with various weapons.  Appears the Falklands Argentine Prone Sapper can be modified for many of them, by ditching the bayonet and giving him a rifle, machine gun, or anti-tank weapon.