News and plans for 2016 - BKCIII, more new goodies and a price increase...

Started by Leon, 06 January 2016, 03:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

Quote from: mollinary on 06 January 2016, 09:59:22 PM
I for one am convinced that no-one has ever retired with  HER private jet to the Bahamas on the back of screwing the last penny out of poor wargamers (

I feel the need to clarify this, as that is not quite correct.

It is rumured that  Miss Whiplash has managed to purchase a microlight based on her "sevices" to one of the Forum members.

Due to the need to be descrete I cannot mention the said persons name, but I think we all know who that is !!  ;)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 07 January 2016, 11:43:28 AM
I feel the need to clarify this, as that is not quite correct.

It is rumured that  Miss Whiplash has managed to purchase a microlight based on her "sevices" to one of the Forum members.

Due to the need to be descrete I cannot mention the said persons name, but I think we all know who that is !!  ;)

Not perhaps a resident of a bridge related town ?  One that used to be in a cheese advert.....

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

Thanks for all the comments so far, we're very lucky to have such a great bunch of customers!  Several of you are slightly mad, but you have to take the rough with the smooth...  :D ;)

Quote from: ianrs54 on 07 January 2016, 08:28:10 AM
WHY????????

Because we're constantly making more vehicles for you, so it's time for someone else to get their wishes fulfilled...  :D :P

Quote from: Subedai on 07 January 2016, 11:11:01 AM
Couldn't you slot in some armoured horses for the Mongols in a lunch break or something...or are the words 'lunch break' too non-pc? :)

I do have those on the list to be done, but we've got Techno too busy already with all the Warband stuff at the moment.  Once those are done I'll try and fit them in for you.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 07 January 2016, 11:43:28 AM
It is rumured that  Miss Whiplash has managed to purchase a microlight based on her "sevices" to one of the Forum members.
Is it Tawa?

Quote from: Leon on 07 January 2016, 12:58:33 PM
Several of you are slightly mad, but you have to take the rough with the smooth...  :D ;)
I object! No-one on this forum is completely untainted by madness ... we're on the forum for goodness sake! I think we start at "barking" and go down (or up) from there.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: Subedai on 07 January 2016, 11:11:01 AM
Thanks for the background reasoning, makes economic sense really. Still some of the best sculpts out there.

Couldn't you slot in some armoured horses for the Mongols in a lunch break or something...or are the words 'lunch break' too non-pc? :)

Took more than a lunch break to convert mine!!!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Very interesting overview of the reasons for the price increase. Still very good value IMHO :)

Subedai

Quote from: mad lemmey on 07 January 2016, 01:23:38 PM

That's your own fault, If you been more vocal in your support it might have made them appear even quicker.  ;)
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Quote from: mad lemmey on 07 January 2016, 01:23:38 PM

It'd take me and Dr Emmel a (proper) lunchtime just to burr the detail  off just two or three figures and horses, before even slapping any greenstuff on the wee chaps !
(I'm fast...But not that fast !)  ;)

Cheers - Phil

AndyT

Very pleased to hear that the Warband Lizardmen are not too far away  :D

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Leon,
Thanks for the "State of the Pendraken" message - very informative. But -uh- is this sign "£" not the same as this sign $"?
I may be in trouble with the Missus if it is -like- different!!
Sleep with clean hands ...

Techno

Quote from: fsn on 07 January 2016, 08:29:22 PM
They're behind you! :o

The Panto has finished, Nobby.....Unless you've written another scene.
Cheers - Phil

Leon

Quote from: d_Guy on 07 January 2016, 08:47:28 PM
Thanks for the "State of the Pendraken" message - very informative. But -uh- is this sign "£" not the same as this sign $"?
I may be in trouble with the Missus if it is -like- different!!

The exchange rate isn't too bad at the moment, it's got a lot better since the back end of last year, so £1.00 is currently about $1.45 I think.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Tawa

Quote from: fsn on 07 January 2016, 01:07:05 PMIs it Tawa?

Shush, you!  ;D
Yes.....

Quote from: Leon on 07 January 2016, 12:58:33 PMI do have those on the list to be done, but we've got Techno too busy already with all the Warband stuff at the moment.

MOAR Warband! We wants it! We likes it we does don't we? Yes, yes!  :D
Well that went down like a lead baboon......

O.P.E (Oik of the Pendraken Empire) - 2015 Honours List.