Dungeon sized bases

Started by Cyril, 07 September 2010, 01:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyril

Hi,
I don't know if some of you are still looking for "DW compliant" bases but the guys from Litko are selling bases of virtually any size or shape.
You can choose the material (plywood, plastic, steel or magnetic. The thickness according to the material used. You can even have rounded corners.
Anyway, if the heroes and other main characters will get some DN33, I think I'll give it a shot for the lesser minions:
http://www.litkoaero.com/page/LAI/CUSTOM_BASES

Cyril

Cyril

Okay, I finally recieved the bunch of bases I ordered from Litko. Here are some pictures of the naked bases next to some dungeon stuff. I'll try to make something decent from the stuff I have.
15mm bases in action by cyril F, on Flickr
15mm bases... by cyril F, on Flickr

If you are intersted, here are the specifications: Rectangular-15x15mm-1.5mm_Birch_Plywood-3mm_Rounded_Corners

capthugeca

Warbases .co.uk also do 15mm square bases using MDF. See http://www.warbases.co.uk/#/pack-sizes/4529303977

I haven't bought any of that actual size as yet but their other bases are great and their service is first class.

Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Cyril

Indeed they seem to be a bit cheaper. I wish I had heard of them !

May I ask you if you ordered "out of stock" stuff ? And if yes how much time did it take ?
Because I had to wait a whole month for the bases to arrive...

By the way, I did not find the way to order unusual sizes on Warbases .co.uk...

GordonY

You e-mail your order in Cyril.

There's a pack size calculator page as well for the non-standard sizes.

Gordon

capthugeca

Quote from: Cyril on 08 October 2010, 03:59:41 PM

May I ask you if you ordered "out of stock" stuff ? And if yes how much time did it take ?
Because I had to wait a whole month for the bases to arrive...

By the way, I did not find the way to order unusual sizes on Warbases .co.uk...

Just to echo Gordon's reply, I sent an email to them with what I wanted and they sent me an invoice to my paypal account the same day.
I did order some of the non-stock sizes and I think it took three days so I imagine stock ones are probably despatched immediately.

They also have an eBay shop (seller is called zorro234) if you would prefer that.
Life is too important to be taken seriously.