Fieldworks to discontinue 10mm range

Started by Wulf, 02 January 2016, 11:06:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wulf

Just took a look at the Fieldworks website, and it seems they'll be discontinuing their 10mm range as of end of January 2016 - these are good pieces, despite some rough fits of roofs, get 'em while you can!

http://www.fieldworks.org.uk/index.htm

Wulf

Further to this, I placed an order and got this reply:

" after your order, this is the 10mm we have got left.   
K2.  6 X painted   
k3.  4 x painted   
k4   3 x painted   
k12  3 x painted   
k13  2 x painted   
k16  1 x painted   
k19  1 x painted    3 unpainted   
k20  4 x painted    3 unpainted
if you know anyone who wants 10mm they can have the painted ones  at the unpainted price. "

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Wulf

It's sad for us 10mm players, but they are expanding their 15mm & 20mm line, so not so bad for them. I bought their 20mm storage tanks, and they're just fine for 10mm too, just a bit bigger.

Womble67

They couldn't have sold enough to make it worthwhile for them to continue making 10mm. Like I said earlier its a shame. Especially since I've not finished collecting there buildings.

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Wulf

I notice that the ones they have left are mainly the bigger ones - some must be huge! Don't know if that's why they didn't sell in the first place, or if it's just because people have been buying up the cheaper ones since they announced the end of production.

Wulf

I got my order in today, immaculately packaged as was the last lot I bought. The resin of the unpainted buildings is distinctly 'sticky' and will need cleaning, and roofs fit... approximately...

However, detail is good, nothing is broken or oddly shaped, and the removable upper floors (with nicely disguised tabs to lift them out by) are great. The couple of painted buildings I got are more heavily washed than really painted, but it is a good heavy wash, and you could easily just plonk them down on a table to good effect as is. I may even stretch to one of the bigger buildings before the month is out!

nikharwood

Right - just purchased the remaining Fieldworks 10mm stock - so when it lands, I'm going to pick all the stuff I want / need - and then offer up the surplus here (at cost plus p&p) - let me know if you're interested  :)

There's a mixture of painted / unpainted (and knowing what a lazy ar$3 I am with the demands on my time, it's probably the unpainted that'll be surplus  ;) ;D)

Wulf

I could fit in one or two more now I've had time to recover the finances...

Of course, I did buy most of the range already, and there's only so much duplication looks good on the table!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Kiwidave

Did you buy the molds as well? You could turn your hand to manufacture....

nikharwood

Quote from: Kiwidave on 04 June 2016, 06:26:33 AM
Did you buy the molds as well? You could turn your hand to manufacture....

Ah, now there's a thought...I might enquire.

Good call, (K)D  ;)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

*Harwood secretly triggers his plans for world domination*
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

nikharwood

Quote from: mad lemmey on 04 June 2016, 10:39:02 AM
*Harwood secretly triggers his plans for world domination*

Kind of blown it by publishing them online though, eh?  ;) :-[

petercooman

Quote from: nikharwood on 04 June 2016, 10:44:17 AM
Kind of blown it by publishing them online though, eh?  ;) :-[

Every evil mastermind needs to generate sponsorship from some source, and online gets out to the most people  :d