Show Dates for 2016!

Started by Leon, 02 January 2016, 09:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tawa

York is getting closer...... Hurry up dammit!  :D
Well that went down like a lead baboon......

O.P.E (Oik of the Pendraken Empire) - 2015 Honours List.

Sandinista

Quote from: paulr on 22 January 2016, 06:33:22 AM
If you have some spare time when down in Wellington I'm sure we can arrange something interesting, probably involving Pendraken 10mm figures ;)

That is tempting, I will need to check on timings etc

cheers
Ian

NeilCFord

Quote from: Leon on 02 January 2016, 09:51:43 AM

November
Sat/Sun 12th/13th - Warfare, Reading - http://www.wargamesassociationreading.co.uk/

The Warfare website lists the dates as the following weekend, the 19th/20th!

- Neil.

Leon

Quote from: NeilCFord on 29 January 2016, 03:06:56 PM
The Warfare website lists the dates as the following weekend, the 19th/20th!

Thanks for the info, I'll update our show list with that now. 

Unfortunately I've already had 1000 catalogue covers printed with the wrong date on, which is a pain!  They must have updated that recently then, I'd only checked it last week before sending the covers off to the printer.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

NeilCFord

Quote from: Leon on 29 January 2016, 04:43:39 PM
Unfortunately I've already had 1000 catalogue covers printed with the wrong date on, which is a pain!  They must have updated that recently then, I'd only checked it last week before sending the covers off to the printer.

Bugger! I'm guessing the change was made to avoid Rememberance Sunday.

- Neil.

Leman

Well, the closer to Christmas the better as it gives a good excuse for spends.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leon

Quote from: NeilCFord on 29 January 2016, 04:49:31 PM
Bugger! I'm guessing the change was made to avoid Rememberance Sunday.

Possibly, I hadn't thought about that.  It could have just been me getting it wrong as well...!   :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

bradpitre

Hello everyone !!
well it is done, I dreamed a long time, and this year I could finally come to London for the show Salute
airline tickets and entries are already reserved
I hope I have the great pleasure to cross some of you, but I promise, I would pass on the Pendraken stand, and I rejoice in advance !!!!

eric
je suis contre les femmes............tout contre!!!!

2016 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!

Leon

Quote from: bradpitre on 27 February 2016, 06:07:36 AM
Hello everyone !!
well it is done, I dreamed a long time, and this year I could finally come to London for the show Salute
I hope I have the great pleasure to cross some of you, but I promise, I would pass on the Pendraken stand, and I rejoice in advance !!!!

Excellent, we will see you there!

8)

paulr

Quote from: bradpitre on 27 February 2016, 06:07:36 AM
Hello everyone !!

eric

Very jealous

have a great time Eric
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Aksu

Following on pradpitre's example: tickets, money, passport! Sorted! Ready for Salute.
Cheers,
Aksu

skywalker

I am going to Salute as well and I've got my tickets, money and passport ready ...............and I am only travelling from the North East of England
;D ;D ;D

Roy

Quote from: skywalker on 03 March 2016, 12:45:22 PM
I am going to Salute as well and I've got my tickets, money and passport ready ...............and I am only travelling from the North East of England
;D ;D ;D

You'll probably end up travelling hundreds of miles and buying stuff from people who only live down the road from you, too.  ;D

Like me on Saturday  :-[
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

jimduncanuk

Quote from: skywalker on 03 March 2016, 12:45:22 PM

;D ;D ;D

I fail to understand the attraction of a wargames show such as Salute. I am not against the South London Warlords, they are probably a fine bunch of guys, I've even had a beer or two with some of them in the pub after a show.

It may well be the sheer size of the show that puts me off and the crowds that go with it. I've never been myself but my mate has and he tells me that that stands have a minimum 5 deep scrum in front of them and there's no point waiting patiently to have a word with a trader as he'll be too busy to talk. Besides the noise makes conversation a bit difficult.

Geography is against me as well since I'm from Edinburgh, home of the Claymore show and all the important traders come up north which suits me greatly. I attend about 6 or 7 shows a year and all are within a days travel there and back, some only an hour or less away.  The exception would be a show like Crisis in Antwerp, which is big but not so big that you can't say hello to people without shouting. It does mean an airflight and a few nights in a hotel but what the hell, it is Belgium and they have real beer.

So, if someone like Henry Hyde came to me and said 'Jim, I want you to go to all the UK shows, all expenses paid, write a report for me and I'll publish it.' I would have to say to Henry 'Do I have to go to Salute?'.

Grump over!

PS

I still can't find my Warband units.
My Ego forbids a signature.

skywalker

I first did Salute two years ago and had a great day out.
I suppose it's like going to Wembley or Hamden Park to watch footie it is one of those things you do because it's what you love or in my case could get cheap travel. :D
We are going again this year mainly because we managed to get very cheap train tickets  :D