What Ruleset Did You Use In Your Last Game 2016

Started by Steve J, 01 January 2016, 08:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toxicpixie

If think 196 Uruk Hai might be a bit awkward even with group activations :D

Multi basing and using them in units and call "prone" disrupted might work though :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Zippee

I tend to think of Prone as Dazed or Staggered in any case - certainly don't like the 'lay the model' down stuff.

But no, those numbers are well in excess of the system.

My hardcopy arrived this evening - it's a really lovely book, a real upgrade in professionalism over OSBH

Anyway back to Star Wars this Thursday.

toxicpixie

If I had time and funds for more systems I'd be tempted, but tbh for what Song does, it does it superbly for what we want out - Advanced seems a bit too much extra chrome...

Good luck in Star Wars. Remember to let the wookie win!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

abikapi2

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? Piquet Field of battle II

2) What armies were confronted? Italian Vs. Abyssinian in late 19th century war

3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? Very

4) and... was the first time do you use the ruleset? No

5) How many players were in the game? 2

Chris Pringle

Quote from: abikapi2 on 26 September 2016, 10:55:32 PM
2) What armies were confronted? Italian Vs. Abyssinian in late 19th century war

Cool! Any chance of some photos?

Leman

Welcome to the forum Abikap. I am a big fan of FOB2 and have a Russo-Japanese War game on today.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

vonlacy

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? Red Actions

2) What armies were confronted? Red Army V White Army

3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? Very

4) and... was the first time do you use the ruleset? No

5) How many players were in the game? 5

Zippee

Quote from: vonlacy on 27 September 2016, 01:18:34 PM
1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? Red Action

Never heard of it, what's it all about then and is it suitable for the colour blind?

Leman

1. Field of Battle II

2. Japanese v. Russian 1904

3. Very

4, This has become the go to set when I go to my mates for a game in 15mm

5. Two

The Japanese division attacked a Russian division in a defensive position. The forces were identical, i.e. 4 3 battalion regiments, 3 cavalry regiments, 4 field batteries and 1 machine gun unit. The Japanese had an extra battalion of guard. The Japanese also had a much superior hand of cards, e.g. 2 breechloader cards and an advance card, whereas the Russians only had one breechloader card, a withdraw card and 6 lull cards in the pack. Despite this it took 6 hours for the Japanese to cause the Russians to retreat whilst they still had half their army intact. The Japanese lost only one full infantry unit.
Some photos of the Irregular Miniatures used:

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Nosher

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? Konfilkt47

2) What armies were confronted? Germans v US

3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? It wasn't a bad first experience as its based on Bolt Action 'with tweaks'

4) and... was the first time do you use the ruleset? Yes

5) How many players were in the game? Solo

Enjoyed it largely, even if quite a bit of time was spent rifling through the pages to find special rules etc. For me Bolt Action mechanics work well for this kind of game - it felt right (unlike when you play BA set in WW2). The weird units work well once you find their special rules and it was good to get some use out of 28mm Weird War 2 minis I have had knocking around for some time that were getting very dusty.....

http://nosherswargames.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/konflikt-47-if-you-go-down-in-woods.html

I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

toxicpixie

That Ranger medium walker looks familiar, Nosher... I'm surprised the Rangers weren't in white :D

Good reuse of figures! I've some DUST mechs gathering err, dust, which I should probably get some use of...

I'd have posted that on the blog but it's restricted to team members only!

vonlacy

Quote from: Zippee on 27 September 2016, 03:44:53 PM
Never heard of it, what's it all about then and is it suitable for the colour blind?

A good fun rule set covering October 1917- October 1922 in the East. Covering White, Red, Polish, Friekorps, Mahknovist, Estonians, Latvians, Ukrainians, Finns, Czechs. Interventionists: British, French, American, Japanese, Turks etc. Set at company level it gives the flavour of these small army battles and campaigns.
Enjoyed these rules so much I have ended up with the following armies using Pendraken minis - Bolshevik and Konarmy, White Russian and Finns, Baltic Nationalist, Freikorp and assorted Interventionists. The rules are free but you are encouraged to donate to charity if you down load them.

Go over to http://perfectcaptain.50megs.com/redactions.html for the rules cards etc.

GrumpyOldMan

Quote from: vonlacy on 29 September 2016, 10:21:44 PM
A good fun rule set covering October 1917- October 1922 in the East. Covering White, Red, Polish, Friekorps, Mahknovist, Estonians, Latvians, Ukrainians, Finns, Czechs. Interventionists: British, French, American, Japanese, Turks etc. Set at company level it gives the flavour of these small army battles and campaigns.
Enjoyed these rules so much I have ended up with the following armies using Pendraken minis - Bolshevik and Konarmy, White Russian and Finns, Baltic Nationalist, Freikorp and assorted Interventionists. The rules are free but you are encouraged to donate to charity if you down load them.

Go over to http://perfectcaptain.50megs.com/redactions.html for the rules cards etc.

Agree with vonlacy. Also the Yahoo group has stuff for the SCW and also lists and cards for Chinese, Warlord, Mongol, etc for Back of Beyond - https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/perfect_captain/info plus scenarios for all.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Duke Speedy of Leighton

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? MeG
2) What armies were confronted? Early Imperial Roman vs Imperial (Later) Romans

3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? Increasingly

4) and... was the first time do you use the ruleset? For me, no, for my opponent it was his second game.

5) How many players were in the game? Two

Hugely enjoyable game as two Emperors squared off against each other. Mark quickly pounced on my Catafracts and destroyed them, while I ran over his archer with my cavalry, however, those cavalry came off the wrong side of his auxiliaries, breaking and taking two more units with them!
I them broke his centre of legions and cavalry with my legions and guard Auxilia.
Cracking game 15-8 to Rome, or against Rome....
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Zippee

Quote from: vonlacy on 29 September 2016, 10:21:44 PM
A good fun rule set covering October 1917- October 1922 in the East.

Thanks for that - makes sense of the title   :D

Perfect Captain - I have a couple of theirs, they don't get played, such is the vagary of taste.