What Ruleset Did You Use In Your Last Game 2016

Started by Steve J, 01 January 2016, 08:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithoriel

23 May 2016, 10:49:01 PM #240 Last Edit: 23 May 2016, 10:50:50 PM by Ithoriel
Quote from: T13A on 23 May 2016, 09:31:39 PM
Just testing

[i m g]http://[I M G]http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x444/Fulham-fan/Quatra%20Bras/QB-6.jpg[/img][/img]

Paul, no need for url tags for a picture

To show the picture you linked you only need to have entered

[i m g]http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x444/Fulham-fan/Quatra%20Bras/QB-6.jpg[/img] I've separated the letters in the first tag to make it visible. If I close up the tag contents to read img I get

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Nosher

1. Sharp Practice 2
2. 1812 Napoleonic Russians v Polish - somewhere on the steppe
3. Yes
4, No
5. Solo

Another stonker of a game. The Poles were on a foraging mission sweeping the table for much needed supplies including livestock, fodder and water. The Russians simply had to stop them from achieving their goal.

Game was played lengthways on an 8x4 table with minimal terrain, mostly cornfields with two small farms. Forage and livestock markers were spread about, one in each farm and some wandering the battlefield randomly. (Each time the Tiffin card was turned a random livestock group would move randomly.

The Poles quickly secured three of the five forage items, the remaining two being deep in Russian territory. The Russians were delayed arriving but once in the area moved swiftly to make it tough for the Poles to secure the two remaining forage items which were within the second farm and the fields adjacent to it.

The early firefights went the way of the Poles and casualties quickly mounted in the Russian Ranks but their lines held firm and soon the firepower battle started to swing in the Russians favour. The Poles had massed an assault column with skirmish screen protection but the Russian Status III leaders Line forced the Polish Skirmisher screen back and wounded the Polish Status III leader rendering him unconscious. Return fire from the Poles was desultory at best.

Thankfully for the Poles a second Status I leader was present with the assault column and he led a desperate Pas de Charge Fisticuffs which saw the Russian Line disintegrate and withdraw to the rear in disarray. The Russin Status III leader was rendered unconscious in the round of melee but the Poles were two battered themselves to follow up on their victory and soon found themselves under pressure from another Russian Line unit firing from a cornfield.

The two battered sides loosed uncontrolled volleys at each other from long range with neither capable of rallying their troops sufficiently to deliver a telling blow. The Poles had multiple units on double shock whereas the Russians had been whittled down to under half strength in some cases due to casualties but were relatively shock free.

A Random event saw one of the livestock herds crash through a Russian unit causing 3 points of shock (I imagined it was an aggressive goose in my own mind!) and shortly after this the Tiffin Card was the first card drawn and the Poles finally routed from the field.

The Poles needed to roll 2 or less to win the game and promptly rolled a 2 meaning they had secured sufficient forage for the time at least. A narrow victory to say the least given the Russians were so few in numbers that they wouldn't have been able to mount an effective pursuit.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

T13A

Ithoriel

Many thanks for all the bother you have gone to. I'll have another go over the next few days.

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Bodvoc

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - Baroque
2) What armies were confronted? - ECW Royalists v Parliamentarians
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - yes, getting the hang of them now
4) and... was the first time do you use the ruleset? - 2nd game
5) How many players were in the game? - Two

Played at mate Steve's house last night, aprx. 400 points per side. After starting well my cavalry lost my right flank resulting in my Parliamentarian butt being well and truly kicked, still great fun though :)
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

FierceKitty

Ten More Sons!, Cossacks and Muscovites, two players. A hard-fought and bloody draw.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - FogR
2) What armies were confronted? - Mapche, painted by Pete, used by me, vs Tlaxcalans, painted by me, used by Pete
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - very
4) and... was the first time do you use the ruleset? - nope
5) How many players were in the game? - two

Pete win 24-1! Dice went his way all night! ;)

[/quote]
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

But wasn't he using the newly painted Tlaxcalans :-/

A newly painted army doing well :o
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I know! Shameful!
He usually falls apart after two rounds of fighting.  ;D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

1. Black Powder, Glory Hallelujah

2. Union and Confederate in the West - Battle of Iuka  1862

3. Not played for a while, so the usual kerfuffle of having to find rules in  two very large A4 books, with rules spread all over the place. 2 1/2 hours to play two moves out of seven, not helped by my opponent arriving an hour late.

4. First time for nearly a year, so very rusty.

5. Two player game.

Obviously the game is not yet finished, but the beauty of the Liverpool club is that everything is left set up for us to continue next week, whilst in true exam season style we revise how the rules work, and learn more about the GH rules additions.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Steve J

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - Bloody Big Battles
2) What armies were confronted? - Austrians vs Italians at Custozza
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Very
4) and... was the first time do you use the ruleset? - No
5) How many players were in the game? - Two

We bathtubbed the units to make it playable in an evening, which worked well. Full AAR to follow. A proper re-fight of part of the battle around Oliosis is planned for when we next meet up, as this provided the most fun during the evening.

Bodvoc

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - Zombicide
2) What armies were confronted? - 8 stout heroes against a multitude of zombie types.
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Quite easy to pick up rules.
4) and... was the first time do you use the ruleset? - Yes, but everyone else had played before several times.
5) How many players were in the game? - Five

This was the fantasy version of Zombicide rather than the modern era one. It plays a bit like a dungeon delving game which is never really clear of zombies no matter how many you put down.
A good fun, easy game.
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Nosher

Quote from: mad lemmey on 26 May 2016, 11:27:49 PM
1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - FogR
2) What armies were confronted? - Mapche, painted by Pete, used by me, vs Tlaxcalans, painted by me, used by Pete
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - very
4) and... was the first time do you use the ruleset? - nope
5) How many players were in the game? - two

Pete win 24-1! Dice went his way all night! ;)

Ouch......  :D
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

FierceKitty

IACTA ALEA EST, two players, NKE and Assyrians, and I haven't stopped crying yet.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Nosher

1. Sharp Practice 2
2. 1812 Napoleonic Russians v Polish - somewhere on the steppe
3. Yes
4, No
5. Solo

A follow up to the Polish foraging mission, this time pitting a similar Polish force supported by some Hussars taking on a Russian Light force of light Infantry and Jaegers supported by a solitary unit of Grenadiers. This was a straightforward encounter battle.

The Poles having secured a decent amount of forage in the previous game were able to field some supporting cavalry - a single unit of Hussars with a Status 1 Leader. They also managed to secure a more favourable deployment area flanked by woods and a farm house. The Russians were left with a deployment zone in the open which made a tempting target for the Hussars!

The Poles deployed really quickly with their whole force managing to deploy during the first round of the card deck draw. The Russian were able to field their Light Infantry in line to contest the Polish advance but found themselves within range of the Polish Skirmishers who found their mark even at long range.

Thankfully the remainder of the Russians were able to deploy and the Russians sought to protect their left flank with the Grenadiers as Polish Hussars made use of a extraordinarily long Gallop move which saw them outflank the Russians. The firefight in the middle began to develop as the Russian lights supported by two units of Jaegers started to get the better of the Polish skirmishers at the farm.

A devastating volley from the Grenadiers piled on six points of shock on the Hussars whose leader turned his horses ankle (random event) before being knocked from his horse and wounded by the Grenadiers fire. In the middle, the Polish Line advanced on the cornfield being used as cover by the Russian Lights and gave fire knocking out the Russian Status III leader. The Russian Jaegers tried to stem the tide but soon found themselves the target of the Polish Line formation who pounded both units relentlessly forcing the whole Russian Centre to buckle.

In a wild gamble the Hussars charged the Grenadiers only to lose the fisticuffs horrendously, whereupon they were sent packing with horrific casualties. Their only saving grace was that the Grenadier Status I leader was knocked out in the combat and therefore the Grenadiers were unable to follow up their victory.

Both sides morale was beginning to waver, however the Polish Line formation was still in good order with relatively light casualties which became the telling factor as they pressed forward pouring fire into the withdrawing Russians who finally broke and fled the field.

Frank Carson