(SALE) To the Last Gaiter Button - FPW rules

Started by nikharwood, 31 December 2015, 10:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikharwood

As per the title - these are in mint unread condition with all maps & counters complete
From Real Time Wargames website:

"TO THE LAST GAITER BUTTON"
Wargame Rules for the Imperial Phase of the Franco-Prussian War of 1870-71

The game covers the opening phase of the Franco-Prussian War from mid-July to end of September. The mobilisation of the armies are key as the French are far more ready for war, though in fact not down to the last gaiter button. The onus is on the Confederation to advance into France and for the French to assume "positions magnifique".

Depending upon the battlefield results the Diplomatic Chart will influence the political stance of Austria, Denmark, Italy and the South German States. If the French suffer serious reverses the Empire might fall and at first a Council of Regency and then a Government of National Defence might be formed.

Scope: Included in the pack is a set of corps and army level figure rules with a full colour Campaign system to fight the war. Thus your battles will have a context of when and why they were fought. There is also a system for fighting one-off battles.

Book: It consists of a 58 page Ring bound rules with colour cover with b&w content. There is a two-page playsheet (one for the Campaign System one for the Battlefield), which is also the back cover.

Game Aids: 2 A3 colour maps of Eastern France, 1 page coloured campaign counters, French Order of Battle Sheet, Confederation Order of Battle Sheet, French Battlefield Display, Confederation Display, French Battlefield Morale Chart, Confederation Battlefield Morale Chart, Campaign Calendar & Battle Clock Sheet, Diplomatic Display Board & Orders of March Sheet."

Here: http://realtimewargames.webplus.net/to%20the%20last%20gaitor%20button.html

Price of £12.50 includes UK P&P (RRP is £16 plus P&P extra); payment via Paypal F&F please  :)

nikharwood

Leman

Sorry Nik, already got that one. Incidentally, admired your 2mm stuff so much on the Irregular site that I've now ordered some for myself.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

nikharwood

Quote from: Leman on 06 January 2016, 12:49:30 PM
Sorry Nik, already got that one. Incidentally, admired your 2mm stuff so much on the Irregular site that I've now ordered some for myself.

Thanks  :)

Funnily enough, was sorting through all my 2mm over the weekend - my dad gave me a lovely wooden cabinet that he used to store wristwatches in (he's a horologist & finally retired) which is perfect: velvet lined shallow drawers...so now everything has a lovely home which is portable (it's got 7 drawers so not too heavy).

Now I just need to convince him to let me have the rest of his storage units - for the 6mm, 10mm & 28mm  ;)

Leman

Storage Wars - all part of the wargaming experience, although I do know one competition gamer who never has more than two armies at any one time.

kustenjaeger

Leman

Two down one to go, or has the Lily Banners gone as well now?

Subedai

Quote from: nikharwood on 06 January 2016, 10:52:02 AM
Yours for a tenner - anyone?  :)

Thought I'd sent you a PM earlier this afternoon about these but I've just checked and the bl**dy thing never got sent. Haven't got a scooby as to why, thought I'd pressed all the right keys and everyfin.  
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Nosher

06 January 2016, 09:17:03 PM #8 Last Edit: 06 January 2016, 09:24:25 PM by Leon
Quote from: Subedai on 06 January 2016, 08:30:55 PM
Thought I'd sent you a PM earlier this afternoon about these but I've just checked and the bl**dy thing never got sent. Haven't got a scooby as to why, thought I'd pressed all the right keys and everyfin.  

I've got a mint copy you could have for the same price if you're interested

EDIT: Quote fixed.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

holdfast

Having tried most of the alternatives I keep returning to the thought that these are the best compromise between big battles and realism. We did a Sedan using them about 6 years ago and it showed that the French position only became hopeless once the retreat path to the west was blocked. They do allow the terrain to have an effect that vaguely resembles reality. and the political track is an ingenious way of gently pointing out that there is always another dimension. So a tenner very well spent.

Subedai

Quote from: Nosher on 06 January 2016, 09:17:03 PM
I've got a mint copy you could have for the same price if you're interested

EDIT: Quote fixed.

Yes I would be interested, ta for that. Will send PM (hopefully).
Blog is at

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Subedai

Tried to send PM but no joy, have posted on Forum Info Board as a Tech query.
Blog is at

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

privateer

Hello Nick

If Subedai does not take them I will

Regards

David

nikharwood

Cool - thanks folks; looks like Edward (kustejager) has first dibs, followed by Subedai, followed by David (privateer)

First one to Paypal via Friends & Family me wins...

(nikharwood AT gmail.com)

nikharwood