Star Wars Armada Fighters

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 29 December 2015, 04:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

They don't come painted, so...

Bombers and Interceptors tonight.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Tawa

Lovely!

Dreading painting mine!  ;D
Well that went down like a lead baboon......

O.P.E (Oik of the Pendraken Empire) - 2015 Honours List.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Bombers and Interceptors

181st Fighter Wing
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

Nice!

How does armada compare to X-wing?

I can't justify getting them both, as x wing alone cost me a fair penny already  :o

fred.

Cool. I'd maybe go for a final light dry brush of very light grey to just make them pop a bit more. Probably best to over highlight, to help make it clear what is what, as these are game pieces.

I assume they are plastic?

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Bodvoc

Very nice,
I too would like to know how the two games compare?
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

skywalker

Excellent

May the force (dark side) be with you

;D ;D

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Thanks chaps, they are a lot of fun to paint! 8)

It's a completely different game that actually works really really well. It's a more expensive buy in to the game, but looks like it will have less 'game creep' compared to Xwing.

Yes, the figures are plastic, and I might have gone lighter, but after looking at original film stills, I like my ties dark! ;)

Roy

Nice to see the good guys  :d in their painted glory.
All hail the Galatic Empire!

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Nosher

Must admit I am sorely tempted by SWA but the price tag puts me off. As most of my gaming is solo I can't really justify it as I am told (and all the reviews seem to indicate) that you need at least two starter sets to play a decent game.

Painting wouldn't be an issue as its a limited palette.

Maybe I should remortgage.....  ;)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

petercooman

Quote from: mad lemmey on 30 December 2015, 10:42:08 AM
Thanks chaps, they are a lot of fun to paint! 8)

It's a completely different game that actually works really really well. It's a more expensive buy in to the game, but looks like it will have less 'game creep' compared to Xwing.

Yes, the figures are plastic, and I might have gone lighter, but after looking at original film stills, I like my ties dark! ;)

I only use the riginal trilogy stuff from x-wing, so apart from some cards you can't get when only buying X/A/B/Y-wings orTIE fighters/interceptors/bombers and shuttle/slave 1/falcon, the game creep is limited, as i found it to be a very balanced game in the first few waves.

I'll probably load some ink in the printer and print the cards i can't get to and need, as we only play in our game group, so don't need to worry about using original cards.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

19 March 2017, 04:13:19 PM #11 Last Edit: 19 March 2017, 04:22:50 PM by mad lemmey
After a long pause...
TIE Defenders

TIE Phantoms

Lambda Class Shuttles

V49 Decimators

d_Guy

Nice work  Mr Lemmy and you use a Jackson Pollock painting for your desk top! Wonderfully post-modern!
Sleep with clean hands ...

Ithoriel

Those look very good.

Like Nosher, I am put of the game system by the cost. Especially since I have a collection of Andy Bergstrom's sci-fi fleet size fighters. Time to write my own rules I guess.

I need to stop devoting every waking hour to Elder Scrolls Online and get back to painting!!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I also have a huge collection of those too!  :-[
And I share a birthday with, and play Drew at Words With Friends every day!  :-B