Pendraken meets Albrect Dürer

Started by lentulus, 06 September 2010, 09:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lentulus

This engraving is a favorite of mine:

http://www.fromoldbooks.org/Duerer/pages/1513-Knight-Death-and-the-Devil/969x1257-q50.html

I've considered it in a number of scales; but having recently looked at the Haedusman with Polearm http://www.pendraken.co.uk/FHA1-p4911/ I am rethinking it with Pendraken figures. If that lad will do for the devil (or perhaps a large rat with a polearm, it's the spirit of the thing that counts) and a medieval/renaissance knight plating an obvious role, are there any pendraken that would do well for death?  It is his unmilitary aspect that makes him difficult.  Any thoughts from anyone?

I'd want to get all the forground elements - a small lizard I can sculpt and some skeleton could donate a skull, but what does pendraken have in the way of small, whipped-looking dogs?

The dog in that engraving always struck me as the only mortal thing there that really understands that something dodgy is going on.

nikharwood

Am I right in thinking that Death is on a horse there?

Hmm...interesting stuff - you don't see many 10mm dioramas...

lentulus

Quote from: nikharwood on 06 September 2010, 10:24:07 PM
Am I right in thinking that Death is on a horse there?

Yes, a singularly unhappy horse and skeletal would be fine.

Quote from: nikharwood on 06 September 2010, 10:24:07 PM
Hmm...interesting stuff - you don't see many 10mm dioramas...

Mores the pity.  Actually, it would be fun to be able to display it side-by-side in 28, 15, 10 and 6 - but you have to start somewhere.

Leon

Not sure on suitable Death figures?  Nothing with quite the right look springs to mind.  The only dogs we've got are the Soviet ones with explosives on them, or the Hill Dwarf ones, which would be too big for this.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Grenadier

Don't forget, the N scale (1/160) model railroad stuff is basically 10mm, there are lots of animals for them.