Catterick Garrison Wargames Club

Started by Roy, 20 December 2015, 01:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

[I'm not a member of this club, though I have popped along a couple of times and they seem a friendly bunch. Hoping to join in with them semi-regularly next year]

QuoteCatterick Garrison Wargames Club

Wargaming club held every saturday from 11am to 4pm at the Army Welfare Service in the Activities Room. Address is Smuts Road, Catterick Garrison, DL9 3AX.

Games we play
Warhammer
Warhammer 40k
Warmachine and Hordes
Dystopian Wars (and Legions)
Firestorm Armada
Infinity
Malifaux
Flames of War (mainly mid and late war)
Bolt Action
Dropzone Commander
Variety of Board Games (for occasional play)

If you play a game chances are we have a member that does as well or someone willing to learn it.

Catterick Garrison Wargames Club Facebook (stupid things says you have to log-in to view! I hate Facebook!!)

Anyway, if you're in the area and interested in playing (there's also a couple of other players I know local to Catterick Garrison who I can put people in touch with) then here's some info about me

Games which I play       (well, I have the stuff for - all still WIP - but could be played with if needed):
Dead Man's Hand (28mm)        I have a town and three gangs
Roman Gladiators (28mm)        I have a load of figures, a warbases hex arena and a couple of rules books
In Her Majesty's Name (28mm)  I have Prussian and British Companies
7ombieTV (10mm)                  I have the figures - terrain is the issue
Frostgrave (28mm)                  I have a Warband and am making up a load of ruined buildings
Warband (10mm)                    I have the rules and a load of Mongols that I can use  
Or
Lion Rampant (10mm)             I have the rules, and any Mongols not used for Warband can be used  ;)
Three Musketeers                     I have rules, a board and figures - the rules used are these  http://eurekamin.com.au/andoneforall.php
ACW Naval (1/600)                  I have boats and terrain for Hammerin' Iron (Peter Pig rules) and Smoke on the Water rules
Victory at Sea [WW2] (1/3000)  I have German and British - though no blue cloth ;D
Relics (30mm)                          I've gone and bought into this game (the Ridend) as another player at the Catterick Club has stuff for it

If any local gamers are interested in Blitzkrieg Commander (when Pendraken re-release it) then I would be interested to know. I would be willing to collect stuff to complement another gamers forces, if needed. Period or geographic Theatre not being any issue to me. 
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Duke Speedy of Leighton

If you Victiry at Sea, can I recommend Naval Thunder?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Roy

His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

Bodvoc

Let us all know how you get on there Roy. It is also close to me but I work most Saturdays unfortunately.
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Roy

Will do.

In truth, space would be an issue as the venue has limited tables, and a mass of young gamers playing Sci-Fi. I don't know how feasible it would be, but I did put it to them that if they were interested in broadening their membership to include historical and other gamers, then allotting a separate day for such games might work best. But that raises a host of other issues, since they don't own the premises and then a committee member would need to also be on-site to safeguard etc.

Anyway, I'm determined to pop up there (since it's only a 30-min walk from me) and get involved. So will keep you informed. Now I've got that Frostgrave warband done (and am no longer ill), I'll also arrange a date with you to meet up and get a game in. I'm nearly done making seven ruined buildings, just need to paint them.