Frostgrave Figures and Buildings

Started by Roy, 19 December 2015, 12:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

Quote from: toxicpixie on 23 January 2016, 07:21:56 PM
Mudgrave?

Frostgrave played on a board and with buildings without the snow/frost effects

Roy mentioned early that he had decided not to add snow to make the buildings useful for more than one game :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

toxicpixie

I know, I was suggesting a name for it :D

We've seen "Temperategrave", "Junglegrave" and various others. "Mudgrave" seemed a good name ;)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Roy

checked google to see if there was anywhere called Mudgrave, USA. But nearest it found was a company that made pencils called "Musgrave".

The 'place' does need a name though.

- I checked and between the camera and the artificial lighting it has made the board appear all one colour. In the flesh the contrast can be seen. Once the buildings are all positioned I may decide to dedicate the board solely to Cowboys and then place some grass tufts and the like in places.
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

toxicpixie

The photos on the blog do it better justice, I think!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Roy

My Old West town now has a name. Dead Mule.

I've, also, made some new signs (shown below), as two of the signs currently on the model buildings are hideous!

Unfortunately, I don't know how to make a 'correct size' .pdf (where you only have to print and glue to the model). So it means a trial and error approach, of printing off enlarged signs until I get the correct fit. I might figure it out someday...

I'm going to have a break from the Old West. I fancy painting a base of 10mm Barbarians for Warband, next. Then it'll be back to it.
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

paulr

The last sign is particularly appropriate ;) :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!