Frostgrave Figures and Buildings

Started by Roy, 19 December 2015, 12:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

Frostgrave stuff this week. Crappy photos, I'm afraid :(

All miniatures are 28mm Midlam Miniatures. Buildings handmade from timber, hardboard, sand and talus grit, Pegasus hobbies bricks.

These should have been painted over a month ago, but I had man-flu for three weeks so they've only just got painted  :(
The buildings are WIP. Hopefully these will be used in 2016 - New Years Resolution for 2016: Play Wargames!

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Great figures, but the 'pointy' is superb! :D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Bodvoc

Midlam Miniatures are very good, your buildings are coming on nicely too.
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

skywalker

Roy

Thanks all.

The small and medium buildings now have a base apiece, and I'll start attaching rubble and balsa detailing tomorrow. Made a couple of statue bases today as well, using 1x 40mm MDF circular bases, 4x 20mm circular bases and 1x Belt Fed Miniatures girl figure.
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

Ithoriel

Hmmm! Hammerin' Iron in Frostgrave? ;)

Nice figures and scenics btw.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno

Very nice work, that man.  8)
Cheers - Phil

Roy

Cheers folks. Been working on them and will post some more photos later today

Other wargaming news... Bit of a success in that one of my name suggestions has been taking up and used in the renaming of my most local gaming club.

The Shire (former name) now becomes "Catterick Garrison Wargames Club"

Actually, I think I said Catterick Wargames Group (CWG) as having WC at the end of the acronym looks slightly amusing, or confusing to the uninitiated. The Garrison part was added so as to not confuse with Catterick Village (also on the Garrison, however) which has its own club I'm told. 

Roy

Frostgrave Terrain: more photos on the blog
http://nevermindthejankers.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/frostgrave-terrain-and-construction.html

It all still needs painting.

Walk through, of sorts, on how the buildings were built.

fred.

I'm liking those.

You seem to have created a lot of terrain easily and effectively. The addition of the balsa strips and rubble really works to break up the flatness of the hardboard.

Did you cut the hardboard with a saw or a knife?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Subedai

Even though I know next to than nothing about Frostgrave and similar rulesets, I can appreciate nicely made scenery and your pieces are good. Can't wait to see them with some paint on.

BTW a bloke on another forum has effectively used cotton bobbins as the bases for his statues.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Roy

Thank you all  :)

Quote from: fred. on 28 December 2015, 11:27:59 AM
Did you cut the hardboard with a saw or a knife?

Electric Jigsaw, and then an electric sander to smooth out all the edges and flat surfaces.

Quote from: Subedai on 28 December 2015, 12:43:27 PM
BTW a bloke on another forum has effectively used cotton bobbins as the bases for his statues.

Thank you for posting the image. I'm definitely going to have to copy the design!

Subedai

Time to raid the sewing basket.   ;)
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Roy

I've painted one of the ruined buildings shown previously.

With the edges of Storm Frank hitting us, its a bit too dark to take decent photographs, so I'm afraid the following will have to suffice.

I've painted up the two 'ruins' that I showed in the basic construction walk through. As its been noted to me over the Internet, the ruins I'd constructed can be used for various games and settings, the only conflict to period or geographic locality being how they are painted.

I've painted them as red brick, with a lime washed rendering over the top. The bases I've left brown, for now at least. The rubble is a inexplicable grey (answers on a postcard!)

Paints used were those tester pots from Wilkos (a UK department store)

More info on the blog

http://nevermindthejankers.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/painted-28mm-building-ruin-diy-build.html