Q of the Week: First Pendraken?

Started by Leon, 06 September 2010, 06:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: republic of tolworth on 07 September 2010, 07:16:42 PM
Er Vietnam figures. Pretty much the range. I think they're flying geese or someone like that. Also the original SCW range.

Still have them all and are still fighting battles in the jungle :D

I believe it was at salute so must have been around '92-93 ish :-\

Always loved 10mm, just taken a while to convince my mates to dive on in :-$

Wild Geese!  That must be the oldest purchase so far!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Stuart

It was some Saxon Fyrd. I had already bought rather large amounts of Saxons, Vikings, and Normans from M******r M*****m before I found out that the Pendraken figures were better proportioned and cheaper...

sunjester

Can't remember for certain, but probably mid 1990s, I picked up some of the Aliens and troopers, followed by the Bugs a couple of months after the first came out.

Graham

Leon

I'll have to ask Dave when the Alien Creatures first appeared.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Ben Waterhouse

2003/4ish Sudan British and Mahdi armies from Colours I do believe

Leon

Quote from: Ben Waterhouse on 17 September 2010, 10:10:14 PM
2003/4ish Sudan British and Mahdi armies from Colours I do believe

Did you make it to Colours this past weekend?

Ben Waterhouse

Nah, Unfortunately had an appointment with God last weekend..

Leon

Quote from: Ben Waterhouse on 17 September 2010, 10:18:49 PM
Nah, Unfortunately had an appointment with God last weekend..

Fair enough, what's actually going on there then?  I'm not a religious person myself.

kustenjaeger

Greetings

My first Pendraken were the ELM late mediaeval range - many years ago.

Regards

Edward

Ben Waterhouse

Quote from: Leon on 17 September 2010, 10:43:14 PM
Fair enough, what's actually going on there then?  I'm not a religious person myself.

We were consecrating St Edward the Martyr Church and monastery in Brookwood, Surrey with four Bishops; which we had rebuilt over the last 3 years and, being Russian/Greek Orthodox, it took a very long time...

Leon

Quote from: Ben Waterhouse on 18 September 2010, 03:32:06 PM
We were consecrating St Edward the Martyr Church and monastery in Brookwood, Surrey with four Bishops; which we had rebuilt over the last 3 years and, being Russian/Greek Orthodox, it took a very long time...

Ah right, interesting stuff.   8)