New British tankcrew sculpts!

Started by Leon, 16 December 2015, 01:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

These had been a popular request over the past couple of years, so when we had a small gap in the sculpting schedule this month we thought it was worth squeezing them in.  I think the initial request was 'tank crew standing around just drinking tea...' so we've tried to get something along those lines.  There's 3 poses here, one with his table making the tea, one standing with his cuppa, and the last one leaning against something, be it a tree, wall, tank, etc.

We're really happy with these and they'll make a really nice little set to go on your tank or command bases, or as a marker base, or even just as a mini diorama.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Ithoriel

Like those ... but .... OK, you probably know what I'm going to say ... any chance of Russian and German WW2 equivalents?

Also, any movement on Russian 3-men-in-a-trench?

I prefer the war's main theatre to that sideshow in Normandy and the Low Countries :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Steve J

Very nice and full of character. Also useful for command stands in BKCII :)

Ace of Spades

Great sculpts!
I haven't got a Market Garden game planned in 10mm but the figures sure make me want too!  :D

Cheers,
Rob
(from that sideshow; the Low Countries... ;))
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

Quote from: Ithoriel on 16 December 2015, 02:31:12 AM
Also, any movement on Russian 3-men-in-a-trench?
Is that like 2 girls and a cup?  :P

Am at work so can't see the pictures.  >:(

But now have something to go home for. I do like a few tankies to represent bailed out crew. Normally, they're not brewing up as half a platoon of grenadiers is trying to bring them down, but "necessity is the mother of pearl before swine" as my grandmother would have it and she would have it any which way she could.  I'm sorry, I seem to have derailed myself.  X_X
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

toxicpixie

FSN -
QuoteNormally, they're not brewing up as half a platoon of grenadiers is trying to bring them down

There's a great quote in Milligans memoires where they get shelled whilst awaiting movement orders. The whole regiment leaps in the trucks and just takes off down the road to get out the shell fire, except for one gunner who jumps back OUT the truck, runs back to the fire, grabs the billy can of tea and runs back with his tin helmet over the tea, desperately clambers aboard the truck as it starts to accelerate off.

Apparently he didn't want any bits to get in the tea...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Wulf

I'm sure it was somewhere in those memoirs that Milligan's unit (5.5" howitzers, if I remember correctly) were unofficialy asked to provide support for a night sorte by an army unit that wanted to recover it's rations, left behind after a rapid withdrwawl. The request was declined...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

16 December 2015, 12:05:33 PM #9 Last Edit: 16 December 2015, 12:08:34 PM by mad lemmey
They weren't 5.5" they were 4.5", which were hated by crews; but yes, never separate a Tommy from his dinner!
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

Initially obsolete WW1 era 9.2"'s, then the big 7.2" heavies when they went overseas.

But yeah, I seem to remember something about that!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

toxicpixie

Quite a lot when it means an extra three miles from the enemy, and an extra few hundred pounds per shoot  :P

Although from remembering his memoirs, they were deployed a little close to the front more than once. Like, directed into a field to set up ahead of not just the Mediums, but the 25pdrs in direct support, and right behind the infantry in their hastily dug foxholes...

Wulf

Quote from: toxicpixie on 16 December 2015, 12:16:57 PM
...25pdrs in direct support...
Including Neddie Seagoon, looking for a 25 pdr that had jumped loose from it's position & fallen down a cliff into Milligan's area...
"Have you seen a 25 pounder gun?"
"What colour was it?"

toxicpixie

That still makes me laugh :D

Good job I'm in the office alone :D