parachutes !

Started by Sunray, 06 September 2010, 04:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

I have been trying most of the afternoon, to craft a semi collapsed parachute out of tinfoil and wire.  Not pleased with results

Could we have some nice cast semi collapsed chutes please ?...and perhaps a few para containers .... one closed /one open

so those beleagured airborne boys can 'Hold until releaved'

grimreaper

that would be good, that would be something i could use as well with my paras.

Leon

Bit of an odd one, but I'll add it to the list.  Grimreaper - did you do any of these for your para game?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

grimreaper

im still working on makeing the parachutes being open, done the stands and the paras are undercoted but not sure if to use cloth with a frame inside or use paper parachutes.
some figs on the ground looking like they had just landed and pulling the chutes would be good if you can make some Leon. even if the figers are just in the pose i could do some chutes out of cloth.

Leon

Quote from: grimreaper on 18 September 2010, 06:03:39 PM
im still working on makeing the parachutes being open, done the stands and the paras are undercoted but not sure if to use cloth with a frame inside or use paper parachutes.
some figs on the ground looking like they had just landed and pulling the chutes would be good if you can make some Leon. even if the figers are just in the pose i could do some chutes out of cloth.

I've jotted them down.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sunray

20 September 2010, 04:43:55 PM #5 Last Edit: 20 September 2010, 05:33:35 PM by Leon
This morning I received some very nice resin cast parachutes from David H Schmid.  David works in 15mm, but these are small and are passable as collapsed Irwin PX
they are on a neat 20mm x25mm base with room for a 10mm figure -perhaps a crew type figure. David's website is www.armamentsinminiature.com
The order came from NJ in six days.

Recommended.