Dragonmen

Started by Nosher, 12 December 2015, 07:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosher

Finally dragged two unfinished projects from my lead pile - Post Romano British and Medievals and have managed to create over 1000 points of Dragonmen :o

The PR British make excellent Knights and Marcher foot whilst the Medievals make excellent Men at Arms, Archers, Cross bowmen,  Handgunners and Cannons.

Borrowing the Taurian Pegasi gives me a unit of Pegasi (funnily enough)

The only units I can't make are actual Dragonmen on Pegasi or a Dragon.

I guess I can pick up a Dragon when I order the bases for this army but has anyone any suggestions for suitable riders for the Pegasi from existing pendraken ranges?

I have lots of Medieval knights but am a bit daunted by trying to model Pegasi wings to attach to the models....
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

fred.

I think I have bought a set of the Pegasui wings on their own, previously.

These could then be used to attach to a horse to make a pegasus-knight. But the wings are quite big, and I'm not sure quite how they would fit with the riders legs. You might have the same problem trying to put a rider on the pegasus figure too.  :-\
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Techno

Have you got a pine vise, Nosher ?

Chop a set of wings 'in half'.....Drill into each side....Pop a 'pin' in and then drill into the horse's body and fix the pins in place ?.....Gives you a bit of leeway with positioning.
Dunno if that might be the easiest solution ??

Cheers - Phil (Who will be revamping the 'Dragon knights' fairly soon.)