Italian AT and a remodelled T-34!

Started by Leon, 06 December 2015, 03:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithoriel

I discovered the SG-122 when trawling t'internet for interesting things for my Pendraken 10mm Kursk era stuff.

Just type SG-122 into the Image bit of google and you turn up a variety of things such as:

An original photo

Drawings

Modern images

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Ace of Spades

Interesting model and certainly 'buildable'... the question is of course of why you would want one ;)
Typical also that had this been a German built vehicle every big model firm would have it in it's inventory in every imaginable scale... somehow they're all very much attracted to German hardware... :-\

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

For gods sake don't tell Phil Yates - otherwise it will turn up in flames of war......

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

toxicpixie

To be fair to the Germans a run of ten vehicles is quite big for their production capacity :D

I was thinking just the same thing...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Ace of Spades

And if it was German they would almost have to had to put it to use! ;D

Cheers,
Rob  ;)
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

As a "what if" vehicle for table-top use it's more credible than things like the Maus. Further reading, sparked by this thread, suggests that up to 21 were built on PzIII and StuG chassis and that they were issued to combat units but lack of spares and problems of the German radios they carried operating on different frequencies from the Russian ones lead to them being transferred to training units.

21 ... that's more than ten times as many as Maus prototypes, roughly four times as many as completed Kugelblitz, half the production run of the Ostwind, 25% of the number of Jagdtigers, roughly the same as the number of SiG33Bs.

Quote from: ianrs54 on 20 December 2015, 09:46:07 AM
For gods sake don't tell Phil Yates - otherwise it will turn up in flames of war......

Looks like that would be perfectly historical! :)

I think I need to start an fsn style campaign for a Pendraken SG-122 :D :D :D
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Quote from: Ithoriel on 20 December 2015, 03:23:04 PM
I think I need to start an fsn style campaign for a Pendraken SG-122 :D :D :D

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Zbigniew

21 June 2016, 09:23:57 PM #37 Last Edit: 21 June 2016, 09:25:57 PM by Zbigniew
I can't see sharp enough in the picture... is the new t-34 turret in the middle "Mickey" type or another?

iPaint

Quote from: Zbigniew on 21 June 2016, 09:23:57 PM
I can't see sharp enough in the picture... is the new t-34 turret in the middle "Mickey" type or another?

I think it is the T-34/76 obr 41 version with the single trapezoid hatch on top. I do hope they release a proper 42/43 version with the twin round hatches (the Mickey turret!) for Kursk.

~iPaint

Ithoriel

Yeah, the picture appears to show an obr 40 and an obr 41 turret T34/76 and an obr 43 T34/85

Would be nice to get an obr 42 Mickey Mouse turret T34/76 for Kursk

It would need an obr 42 T34/76 with the commander's cupola to complete the set.

Zbigniew

Thanks for information.

AFAIK "Mickey" type was introduced in late 1942 despite 43 symbol. In a book about winter 1942/43 Kharkov battle there are pictures of many "mickeys" in the snow.

Pendraken could probably make "Mickey" turret as well.

iPaint

Quote from: Ithoriel on 29 June 2016, 12:38:23 PM
Yeah, the picture appears to show an obr 40 and an obr 41 turret T34/76 and an obr 43 T34/85

Would be nice to get an obr 42 Mickey Mouse turret T34/76 for Kursk

It would need an obr 42 T34/76 with the commander's cupola to complete the set.

Agreed, I need about 50 of em, so am patiently waiting for that turret variant.

~iPaint

Zbigniew

Hi,

please let me ask a question about t-34 "Mickey" turet again.

Is it (will it) be available with the remodelled T-34 hull?

Leon

Quote from: Zbigniew on 04 February 2017, 06:38:33 PM
Is it (will it) be available with the remodelled T-34 hull?

Possibly, I will have to ask the modeller about this.  It isn't something he has already got on the list, so we would need to fit it into the schedule.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Zbigniew

Quote from: Leon on 04 February 2017, 09:50:21 PM
Possibly, I will have to ask the modeller about this.  It isn't something he has already got on the list, so we would need to fit it into the schedule.

Good news, thank you! I hope for combined purchase of them with the new BCK rules in the Spring