Forth Road Bridge

Started by cameronian, 04 December 2015, 01:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cameronian

Bloody shut for 3 weeks minimum; had to get up at 3.30 today, set off at 4.00 to get into work on time. This is going to kill me.
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

Kiwidave

Temporary accommodation near work possible/feasible?

toxicpixie

What about the third or the fifth road bridge, do they still work?

Sorry, someone had to...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Wulf

I've been watching that news (from about 25 miles WSW) - that must be on hell of a detour! Almost on par with the closures of the Rest & Be Thankful when there's a landslide...

jimduncanuk

Quote from: cameronian on 04 December 2015, 01:23:12 PM

Bloody shut for 3 weeks minimum; had to get up at 3.30 today, set off at 4.00 to get into work on time. This is going to kill me.

It will make it an even earlier start for the Leuchars Veterans XMAS Biggy travelling from Edinburgh.

God knows how early I will have to get out of bed.
My Ego forbids a signature.

paulr

Quote from: cameronian on 04 December 2015, 01:23:12 PM

Bugger

Any chance of negotiating some flexible working hours (to maybe avoid the worst of the traffic) or even working from home
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Westmarcher

Gubbed. The bridge is gubbed.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Leman

The sad thing about the modern world we live in - the Victorian built railway bridge is still going strong. That said is it possible for Cameroonian to go to work by train?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ithoriel

Trains are going to be "stuffed to the gutties" as people try to find alternative ways to get to work. Scotrail have already said,"we don't just have rolling-stock lying around."
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno

How long would it normally take you to get to work, Cam ?
How long now...and how many extra miles ?

Sounds exceedingly grim !  :(

Cheers - Phil

Leman

It's a sad reflection that in Scotland there is no spare rail capacity but four nuclear submarines. (The reflection is on the UK government , not Scotland. It's not as if there is an intention to turn the Middle East to glass.)
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

SV52

Quote from: Leman on 05 December 2015, 08:34:36 AM
It's a sad reflection that in Scotland there is no spare rail capacity but four nuclear submarines. (The reflection is on the UK government , not Scotland. It's not as if there is an intention to turn the Middle East to glass.)

There's the answer, commute by submarine.  North Queensferry to Leith return, 4 billion £.
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Ithoriel

Detour is best part of 30 miles via the Kincardine bridge. Queue to get onto that bridge was approximately 11 miles in each direction yesterday, apparently.

When I was a child there was a ferry service between North and South Queensferry, roughly alongside the path of the road bridge. There are suggestions it might be revived briefly.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno

Quote from: Ithoriel on 05 December 2015, 11:35:06 AM
Queue to get onto that bridge was approximately 11 miles in each direction yesterday, apparently.

Oh, good grief !  X_X

Cheers - Phil