Forces for Modern Africa Part 4 - Rebel Minis Chinese Infantry

Started by bigjackmac, 25 November 2015, 01:53:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjackmac

All,

The last set (so far, at least) of troops for Modern Africa are my Rebel Minis Chinese Infantry.  Not sure why I bought Chinese infantry, didn't really fit into any plans that I had, but then it hit me: these guys can serve as UN troops in my Modern Africa setting (not representing Chinese forces, just some nameless, faceless "UN" troops.  Maybe.).

The Rebel Minis Chinese Infantry is a pretty good pack, with 21 guys in seven different poses (I'm loving the large number of different poses per pack).  They're all in helmets, and don't have much in the way of gear.  Also, they are all armed with the same 'bullpup'-type rifle, which is my only real complaint.  I wish there were some with SAWs/LMGs and some form of AT weapon, but now would be the time to inform everyone that Rebel Minis does a separate Chinese Heavy Weapons set.  In any case, for my use as UN peacekeepers, they are good with only rifles.

So far I have 21 blue helmeted UN infantry, 27 African Rebels with 4 Foreign Special Forces 'advisers,' 27 African Government infantry with 4 European 'Security Contractors,' 16 French Foreign Legion troopers, and 14 guerrillas/ mercenaries/paramilitaries (Battlefront Vietnam-era SEALS).  Not sure when they'll see the table though...

To see more pics, please check the blog at:
http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2015/11/forces-for-modern-africa-part-4-rebel.html

On a positive note, tonight I finished up the basing on my 15mm Flytrap Factory USMC and Brit Marines, and I received my Elhiem 20mm troops, got them cleaned up and glued to sticks so I can prime them.  More to come.

V/R,
Jack

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

bigjackmac

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Sean67

China is becoming the new Soviet Union in Africa as it try's to expand its access to mineral rights.
Regards
Sean

bigjackmac

Yeah man, and that will play into the scenario, but don't want to give up too much yet ;)

V/R,
Jack