November 2015 Newsletter!

Started by Leon, 20 November 2015, 10:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

20 November 2015, 10:15:56 PM Last Edit: 25 January 2016, 12:35:51 AM by Leon

Welcome to the Pendraken Miniatures newsletter!

The dark nights are drawing in but the lights are always on in Pendraken HQ!  We've got more releases this month, but there's a couple of reminders first...

Christmas Order Deadlines!

With Christmas only 35 days left until the big day, it's time to be thinking about what 10mm goodies you'd like to have waiting under the tree.  We'll need any orders placed in time for us to get them cast up and allow for shipping to you, so please make sure to place your orders before:

Wed 9th Dec - UK customers
Fri 4th Dec - European customers   
Wed 2nd Dec - US/Canadian customers
Mon 30th Nov - Everyone else!

We've put these up on the Forum here, which includes the Royal Mail postal deadlines for your own parcels.

Battleground!

We're only one week away from our Battleground show so here's one last reminder for anyone considering coming along:

> 37 Traders - Covering all manner of scales, periods, genres!
> 19 Games - Both display and participation!
> Living History groups - We've got three groups coming this year, including WWI and Medieval reenactment.
> Tabletop Sale - Hire a table in half-hour slots and sell off any unwanted gear!
> Special Offers - There are a variety of special offers available from our traders this year.

All of the info can be found on the Battleground website or on the Battleground Facebook page.  We'll have a show report and pictures up straight after the event for those who couldn't attend.

Latest Releases!

The releases continue apace and this month we've got:

> Napoleonic Nassau - This little range fills in one of the minor contingents of the Napoleonic period but they are a very useful addition, serving on both sides of the war and of course, as part of Wellington's forces at Waterloo.

> 14" Railway gun - This was previewed some time ago and it's now arrived.  It's an excellent model and we're looking forward to seeing it in some games!

> T-62 - Our Modern expansion continues with this mass produced MBT.

In The Pipeline!

There's not a lot to report for this month, with all the designers busy on their various projects.  Techno has been completing some more revamped Warband sculpts, Tony's working on the next batch of WWII Polish troops, Mart's busy with more Modern vehicles and Steve has been doing some more work on revamping some of the WWII vehicles!  We'll have some of these landing at Pendraken HQ soon, so we'll get pics of them up as soon as possible.

On the releases side of things, the new Warband Wood Elves are almost ready to go and we should have those ready to launch at Battleground next Saturday.  The Warband Lizardmen have also arrived with us and are awaiting production moulds now.

Shows!

As already mentioned above, we've only got one more outing left this year, as we make the massive 5 mile journey down the road for our Battleground show, taking place on Saturday 28th November at the Queens Campus Sports Hall, in Stockton-on-Tees.

Website Photos!

Unfortunately, we've not made much progress on these this month, but we do have some plans in place for the near future.  We'll be sending the rest of the League of Augsburg range off to Andy Mac so that he can work his magic on those missing images.  The Indo-China and Modern vehicle ranges are going to be hitting Matt of Munslow's painting desk and we all know what a fantastic job he's done on the Vietnam ranges!  Finally, we're going to start sending a variety of the SYW and Naps ranges over to Kev1964 so keep an eye out for those as well!

Miniature Wargaming - The Movie!

Some of you may have already seen this, but there is currently a project on Kickstarter aiming to release a film exploring the fascinating world of miniature wargaming.  They've done interviews with many of the bigger companies and names in the industry, along with following two rookie gamers as they dip their toe into the competition scene!  The project has hit it's funding target and stretch goals are due to be announced soon, but you can find all the info here.

And that's it for this month, short and sweet!  We'll have some more releases coming before Christmas so keep an eye on the Forum!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

Never a mention of us, the quills in the Pendraken porcupine. It's as if we don't exist.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Dan30

Leon,

I hate being a whinger when I see so much being released...but, anything on Gauls and Imperial Romans?  I've got some holiday money that will need to be spent soon!

V/r

Dan

Leon

Quote from: Dan30 on 20 November 2015, 11:46:08 PM
I hate being a whinger when I see so much being released...but, anything on Gauls and Imperial Romans?  I've got some holiday money that will need to be spent soon!

My fault, I should have mentioned those!  The majority of the production moulds are all done, so the ranges are very near to release.  There was a slight moment of panic when we realised we'd forgotten to get new chariots done, but Mart and Techno came to the rescue and those are being done as we speak.  We may have to release the bulk of the two ranges first and then the chariots separately afterwards, but we'll see how we get on with the moulding when they arrive with us. 

I'm not sure if we'll have them released before Battleground, that will depend on how busy we are next week, but they'll be done before the end of the month, definitely.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Dan30

Thats good news, thanks for the update.

I will budget accordingly   ;)

Dan

Womble67

Quote from: Leon on 21 November 2015, 01:21:39 AM
My fault, I should have mentioned those!  The majority of the production moulds are all done, so the ranges are very near to release.  There was a slight moment of panic when we realised we'd forgotten to get new chariots done, but Mart and Techno came to the rescue and those are being done as we speak.  We may have to release the bulk of the two ranges first and then the chariots separately afterwards, but we'll see how we get on with the moulding when they arrive with us. 

I'm not sure if we'll have them released before Battleground, that will depend on how busy we are next week, but they'll be done before the end of the month, definitely.

Looking forward to these, also hoping female warriors will be added in the future.

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Don't even THINK the "A" word you pestilent Kat.

Any chance of an expansion to the Early Persians ?

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

22 November 2015, 10:49:06 AM #8 Last Edit: 22 November 2015, 10:51:58 AM by FierceKitty
Ignore this - hit wrong key at some stage.

FierceKitty

22 November 2015, 10:51:13 AM #9 Last Edit: 22 November 2015, 10:52:49 AM by FierceKitty
Quote from: ianrs54 on 22 November 2015, 08:09:48 AM
Don't even THINK the "A" word you pestilent Kat.

Any chance of an expansion to the Early Persians ?

IanS

I think more Achaemenids would be fun when the Mexican duckbills are done. I finished the Blameless Ethiopian auxiliaries yesterday, and I'm quite pleased with how they look. Pix will follow when the army's complete.

Duckman

Quote from: Womble67 on 22 November 2015, 12:34:19 AM
Looking forward to these, also hoping female warriors will be added in the future.

Perhaps I could use these females warriors fro my Virgo troops. In my book they are armoredand use bows. Proper armor, not just covering the esentials. Will the female warriors be lijke that?

Nosher

Are the Lizardmen likely to be available for when the fat bloke in a red suit comes down my chimney?
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Leon

Quote from: Nosher on 23 November 2015, 07:02:24 PM
Are the Lizardmen likely to be available for when the fat bloke in a red suit comes down my chimney?

Should be hopefully, we're just working on the Wood Elves at the moment but everything will grind to a halt shortly while we get everything ready for Battleground.  Then we'll be back to moulding next week.

8)

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021