ACW wish list

Started by grimreaper, 03 September 2010, 09:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

Quote from: parkerm17 on 23 September 2018, 11:36:28 AM
The ACW was the first "railway war" and no-one makes anything by way of locomotives and rolling stock in 10mm (N Gauge if you like).   The are just four things: a locomotive, a tender, a freight car and perhaps a passenger car: is there any chance?   I have been in touch with wargaming friends in the US and they cannot help

Most of us who like a railway on the table go with static Del Prado range to save cash. And YES, you can get ACW era engines like  American Standard "The General", (engine & tender)  currently on sale on ebay at £4.99.   

Freight cars and passage cars are freely available in N gauge, (I picked up a couple of the Shredded Wheat carriages)  and don't forget the Pendraken Boer war range of rolling stock.  :)

fsn

I am now minded to watch the Buster Keaton classic "The General".

If you haven't seen it - it is a genuine classic.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Anything with Keaton in is genius!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Westmarcher

Great fan of Keaton. Fantastic that 'The General' is 92 years old and still funny!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Leon

Trains are always difficult to get into production as the costs of having them made is usually more than we'd ever make in sales unfortunately.  It's the same to a lesser degree with planes and helicopters.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sunray

Quote from: Sunray on 23 September 2018, 02:15:35 PM
Most of us who like a railway on the table go with static Del Prado range to save cash. And YES, you can get ACW era engines like  American Standard "The General", (engine & tender)  currently on sale on ebay at £4.99.   

Freight cars and passage cars are freely available in N gauge, (I picked up a couple of the Shredded Wheat carriages)  and don't forget the Pendraken Boer war range of rolling stock.  :)

Go Del Prado - supplement with ebay carriages and the Pendraken Boer war range.

parkerm17

Many thanks helpful people: I will investigate further.

FierceKitty

Quote from: fsn on 23 September 2018, 04:00:07 PM
I am now minded to watch the Buster Keaton classic "The General".

If you haven't seen it - it is a genuine classic.

One of the movies I've been using to persuade my better half that there are worthwhile movies in black and white.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Shedman

I found some toy train sets in Asda a couple of years ago. They were packaged under the brand Adventure Wheels. There was certainly a "wild west" train set. I use this one for the Russo-Japanese War. Pictured here with Saxons

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leman

Funnily enough I use Saxons as alternative RJW Japanese in the khaki uniform.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Shedman

The trains are marketed under various brands but the source company is Soma. Google "Soma trains" to see all of their variants

fsn

Quote from: Shedman on 24 September 2018, 10:08:27 AM
I found some toy train sets in Asda a couple of years ago. They were packaged under the brand Adventure Wheels. There was certainly a "wild west" train set. I use this one for the Russo-Japanese War. Pictured here with Saxons
I've got a few of those. They were good value for money.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Sunray

Quote from: fsn on 24 September 2018, 12:37:02 PM
I've got a few of those. They were good value for money.

The trick is to get them in the supermarket - not on ebay!  :)

But yes, cheap and cheerful and close enough to 10mm scale.