ACW wish list

Started by grimreaper, 03 September 2010, 09:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General Bt Sherman

Ok, with the announcement of the new and improved American Civil War range today, I have decided to offer some feedback as to what should be included in the range. First up is a list of command personalities that I think should be included. I divided them by side and region. I tried to keep each list to five commanders. Feedback would be appreciated.

Union East
McClellan
Meade
Burnside
Hancock
Hooker
Reynolds

Union West
Grant
Sherman
Rosecrans
Sheridan
Thomas

Confederate East
Lee
Jackson
Longstreet
Stuart
A.P. Hill

Confederate West
Bragg
Cleburne
Forrest
Hood
J.E. Johnston
Wargame or Die!

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!

Mulciber

Quote from: Blaker on 27 June 2011, 11:20:05 PM
I vote for some Confederate cavalry with sabers or pistols or carbines or shotguns, just need some Rebel cav in slouch hat, please  :D

I'd second that, with a Quantrill personality figure?

Dave T

Can I please add my vote for :

- Zouaves in Fez'
- Confederate styled cavalry (shotguns, pistols) with a bit more life in the pose instead of the current Napoleonic parade ground look.
- More mounted officer figures
- Hardee hat/Iron brigade figures
- Civilian figures (makes a nice touch for dressing scenary and for some raid or other scenarios)

Cheers,

Dave T.

General Bt Sherman

Can you please add Howitzers to the wish list.
Thanks
Bryan
Wargame or Die!

General Bt Sherman

When you get around to doing dismounted cavalry can you please included a commander and a standard bearer. 

Thanks
Bryan
Wargame or Die!

Pawel Chrzanowski

very nice but :)
frock coats !!!!!!!

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Le Manchou

Some years ago, General Bt Sherman added to his wish list a number of ACW personalities, some have been done, but there is still a lot missing, so I will add my vote for those:

Union East
McClellan
Meade
Burnside
Hancock
Hooker
Reynolds

Union West
Grant
Sherman
Rosecrans
Sheridan
Thomas

Confederate East
Lee
Jackson
Longstreet
Stuart
A.P. Hill

Confederate West
Bragg
Cleburne
Forrest
Hood
J.E. Johnston
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Leon

The ones we chose were those which stood out in terms of appearance, making them easier to sculpt and then be identified as who they should be.  Any future generals would likely follow that same theory, so we'd need to pick out the more distinguishable guys from that list.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Would have thought Stonewall would stand out with his left arm in the air !!

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

General Bt Sherman

It's funny that this subject came up just as I was finally preparing to paint my generals.

Well you can take Hooker, Thomas, Jackson, Longstreet, Jackson, Hill, Bragg, Cleburne, and Forrest off the list. These have all been covered by another company. That leaves Meade and Hancock. Both of these would be great to have. I took Reynolds off the list because I don't think he's necessary. If you want to do more Confederates I would say Pickett and Beauregard would be next on my list.

I would really love to see more generic brigade commanders. For some reason there just isn't very many available at the moment.

Bryan
Wargame or Die!

General Bt Sherman

Oh, I forgot about "Old Rosy" Rosecrans!

Bryan
Wargame or Die!

Le Manchou

and one legged Ewell !
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Dave Fielder

I wish, I wish ....  I wish someone would paint my ACW armies whilst I'm at work and then set them up for a game ready for home time
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

fred.

That would be very nice.

Perhaps you need to be-friend a nice retired chap, then he could prepare games ready for you?

Or perhaps you need to propose a course - 'A detailed comparison of mid-nineteenth century warfare and tactics and its application to modern combined arms operations.' Then you could game at work!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts