Forces for Modern Middle East Part 6 - Rebel Minis Fedayeen

Started by bigjackmac, 10 November 2015, 01:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjackmac

All,

Next up in my line of desert forces are some real bad guys.  Previously I'd shown you my 'regular' insurgents for the Middle East/North Africa, but here are the real bad guys.  I went with an overall uniform and menacing look: all black.  So these will be used for the worst of the worst, the Saddam Fedayeen of early OIF, AQ in Iraq for later OIFs, AQ in Afghanistan, and, of course, ISIS.

The whole pack, 20 troops in four poses, based on pennies.  To see some more pics of these troops, please check the blog:
http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2015/11/forces-for-modern-middle-east-part-6.html

I actually finished these, and quite a few more, before I started Team Whiskey, I just didn't have time to take pics and post them, so I'm working on getting caught up with posts of some 15mm troops.  I'm posting these for two reasons:

1.  I want to help folks out; almost all my purchases of toy soldiers are via the internet, so pics on the internet are pure gold for me.  I will spend hours perusing the various sites on the net searching for pics of potential purchases, so I figure I might as well do what I can to help out others like me.

2.  This is sort of a painting log, documenting what I've accomplished, which helps with painting motivation.

So, more to come.

V/R,
Jack

Sean67

Looking Good Jack.
Might be an idea to say where you got them from no point seeing eye candy if you don't know what store they're from.
Regards
Sean

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

ronan

Good idea Jack !
( Although I've got the same minis, but didn't use them for 5 years !  :( http://2d6.fr/?p=274 )
But with the incoming rules "modern CoC" (1) I hope to play with them again !

So you're going to the Middle east now... :-\
;)

(1) I can't remember the name right now.

bigjackmac

Hey, thanks fellas, I appreciate the kind words!

Sean - these are 15mm troops from the US company "Rebel Minis."  I bought straight from the Rebel Minis' website: http://www.rebelminis.com/15mm-modern-milita.html
Not sure if there are any stockists in Europe for you furriners  :D

Ronan - Well, get them out, buddy, I'd love to see you do some modern gaming.  I assume these are the 'bad guys' for you, so who are your good guys?  I have some 15mm Peter Pig Modern French I'll be showing soon.

And I haven't yet decided what my next campaign is going to be.  I was sick as a dog last weekend and didn't get any wargaming done, but I need to get off my butt and get to work! ;)

V/R,
Jack

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

ronan

Quote from: mad lemmey on 10 November 2015, 05:46:41 PM
They ship overseas and quickly. ;)

Yes they do ! :)

Jack : I have some US and French soldiers. ( I think they're from Peter Pig, too. But i HAVE to get them out of the case and play.. I'm waiting for the new CoC rules.. )
What ruleset will you be using ?

bigjackmac

Yeah, Mike at Rebel Minis is a great guy (much like our beloved Leon, here)  :D

Ronan - Well, lets' see them! 

For rules, I'm still sticking with my tried and true 5Core system.  The 5Core system has a very interesting (somewhat like CoC) activation mechanic, and very streamlined fire, melee, and movement mechanics, with the combat mechanics taking care of morale simultaneously.  They are usable at different echelons as well, with different sets of rules:
Skirmish (squad per side): "5 Men in Normandy"
Company Level (approximately a company +/- per side): "5Core Company Command"
Brigade Level (approximately a brigade per side): "5Core Brigade Commander"

I own all three sets of rules, and have played almost a hundred games of 5MIN/5CoreCC (haven't actually played 5CoreBC yet, but just haven't had time); I used them for all my Kampfgruppe Klink battles, all the Cuba Libre battles, and all the Team Whiskey battles.

I like quick rules that force me to make lots of decisions, and have simple mechanics so I'm thinking about the tactical decisions and not the rules.  They're cheap and can be in your hand in minutes to a PDF download ;) 

I must mention that I am a bit biased: I saw a review of 5MIN and bought it, played it, and hated it.  I went and changed a bunch of things, played it a few more times, didn't like it all that much.  Then I talked to the author, and I went back and played them as written, and I just love them.  The biggest deal with the activation system, for me, is that it gives friction without making you feel helpless.  You never get to do everything you want, you're always making decisions to do the best you can, and it's always putting you in a tactical dilemma.  So the author and I kept talking and I playtested what become 5Core Company Command, which is the set I use most often (KG Klink, all but two of Cuba Libre - the other two, with 15mm figures, was 5MIN -, and all of Team Whiskey).

Hope all is well!

V/R,
Jack

Sean67

I have the Peter pig US marines and the French.
I have used the French to represent Chinese infantry weapons very similar.
These fight my Old Glory modern British (very good figures for late 90s infantry with the SA80.
Regards
Sean